What's new

Fox: Expanded "Phantom Menace" Doc, Please. (1 Viewer)

AaronJB

Second Unit
I've been watching "The Begining: Making Of Episode 1" several times this weekend. The hour-long documentary is easily one of the best I've seen included on a DVD.
There's only one problem with it: it's too short.
I've heard this documentary is taken from a few hundred hours of footage; I'd really love an expanded edition - instead of an hour, maybe a couple hours or - 3 hours?
It's own release with comments from the filmmaker would be fantastic.
Just a thought.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Aaron I second your post.
The Beginnings documentary is easily one of the best I have seen.
Instead of 2 or 3 hours I would even go for a longer version ie 5-6 hours. One hour each could be dedicated to preproduction, production, special effects, on the set footage, etc. ie expand on the areas touched in the current documentary.
This is very interesting stuff and I would ask you to strongly consider pursuing with Lucasfilm the release of more of this material.
Thank you
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
MyHTSetup

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I just finished watching the documentary a few minutes ago and I agree that it was too short. While I understand the space limitations on a DVD, it would be really nice to see a separate DVD available with just documentary footage, ala "The Matrix Revisited."

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator
Yea... I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary... Myself I have specific interest in expanding the costuming parts and also what went into picking the actors... like we saw for Anakin's char..

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I heard that their were no plans for this release, but hopefully we can help change that. I'm in, best documentary on a movie i've seen, but agreed, way too short, especially when you consider it came from 600 hours of footage!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Luis A

Second Unit
I'm in as well. They need to put as much of the doc. that will fit. I forsee this could sell as well as TPM dvd. L

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
You need to petition/plead with LUCASFILM, not Fox on this.
But I agree... They shot more than 600 hours worth, and the director of the doc has admitted that his "rough cut" ran 3-4 hours.
I'd LOVE to see that stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks