What's new

Fox confims 24 to return (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
Hey Paul!

I have to laugh every time that is brought up. The writers are never going to
be forgiven or made to forget that outrageous storyline.
What makes me laugh about it is how the cougar 'story' has become legendary. The cougar probably had 30 seconds of screen time. It looked at Kim in one scene at the end of an act & then was seen in one of the boxes when the next act started but the way people bring it up, you'd think the cougar had a 4 episode story arc. :)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
True, the season 1 amnesia lasted much longer and was just as bad. :D

(To be fair, I do realize that the writers didn't have many better options because of previous episodes and the need to keep Jack from knowing information there, but still).

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
TravisR said:
That's a rough one and the storylines involving Jack's estranged brother and father in S6 aren't much better.
Yeah, that whole season was basically throwing all these villains into this season, and seeing what sticks. The worst of all, was Chang. And too bad we never get to see Jack torture Chang, because seeing him onscreen just made me want to throw something at the TV.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
One character I loved to hate.....
CharlesLoganSeason8.jpg
President Logan.Wonder if they would ever bring him back. :DWait a sec...after I posted this....Wasn't he killed at some point? The final season?If that's the case.....(in my Emily Letilda voice)...Never Mind!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
One character I loved to hate.....

attachicon.gif
CharlesLoganSeason8.jpg

President Logan.

Wonder if they would ever bring him back. :D

Wait a sec...after I posted this....

Wasn't he killed at some point? The final season?

If that's the case.....(in my Emily Letilda voice)...Never Mind!
He shot himself in head in the series finale but paramedics (or doctors?) did say that he would survive the injury.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Hell...bring him back anyway! :laugh:
I agree. Wrap a bandage around his head like he's got an old timey tooth ache and he's back in it.

One of my all time favorite moments in the series is when Jack attacks Logan's limo in S8 and Logan is cowering and screaming "That's Jack Bauer!"

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
Bringing back Mary Lynn Rasjkub is a MUST.
Probably my favorite character on the show, just beats out Nina. Would love to see her back again.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They're bringing back alot of the writers that were on the staff in the later seasons and probably the creators as well:

http://www.vulture.com/2013/05/24-will-reunite-original-writing-staff.html

In the article, showrunner Howard Gordon says "I’m really just happy we have time to get the scripts right instead of the usual mad dash to September." Hopefully that and not the number of episodes will really determine how good these new episodes are.

They also mention wanting to bring back some other CTU characters. I assume that Chloe is a guarantee to return but I wonder if they'll try to bring back Freddie Prinze (who I thought worked pretty well on the show).

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
TravisR said:
They're bringing back alot of the writers that were on the staff in the later seasons and probably the creators as well:

http://www.vulture.com/2013/05/24-will-reunite-original-writing-staff.html

In the article, showrunner Howard Gordon says "I’m really just happy we have time to get the scripts right instead of the usual mad dash to September." Hopefully that and not the number of episodes will really determine how good these new episodes are.

They also mention wanting to bring back some other CTU characters. I assume that Chloe is a guarantee to return but I wonder if they'll try to bring back Freddie Prinze (who I thought worked pretty well on the show).
Unfortunately, they killed off so many of the best characters, Michelle, Curtis, Bill, Prez Palmer, Tony, Milo, etc, that there are only a few to bring back, e.g. Agent Pierce, Cole Ortiz.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
Unfortunately, they killed off so many of the best characters, Michelle, Curtis, Bill, Prez Palmer, Tony, Milo, etc, that there are only a few to bring back, e.g. Agent Pierce, Cole Ortiz.
I think Tony is still alive.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Tony was taken away at the end of season 7, after revealing his main reason for what he did. But I don't think he was killed off.

Not too many left from season 1 that are still alive.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I thought Tony got shot and killed in the shootout at the end of season 7?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Just wounded and arrested.

Off the top of my head, the characters that I could imagine some way of returning are Chloe, Kim, Tony, Audrey Raines, Pierce, President Logan, President Taylor, Cole, Arlo and Martha Logan. Honestly, I don't think they're going to rely too heavily on continuity since the show will have been off the air for 4 years so I think Chloe will be back, maybe Tony will be needed to ID a terrorist & have to work with Jack and maybe there will be a phone call with Kim.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks