What's new

Fox Classic DVD Releases for February? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm wondering what classic films that Fox is releasing on dvd in February? I've heard that another dvd release of "An Affair to Remember" is coming that month, but not any other titles.

Crawdaddy

NeilEdwards

Stunt Coordinator
So far, all of the Fox releases have been RE-releases. I bought all of them the first time around.

I guess, at this rate, I will never get my copy of Sunrise.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Neil,
They're rereleases with new transfers! All of those previous releases had some problems with them video-wise. Example being a non-anamorphic release of "An Affair to Remember".

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
so anybody know what they are in regards to Crawdaddy's question besides An Affiar to Remember ? :D

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Maybe "The Grapes of Wrath" (which, IIRC, was announced for JANUARY, then quickly replaced by "How Green Was My Valley"...)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
That's the downside of this deal. So far I'm only getting All About Eve. If The Day The Earth Stood Still is part of this offer that will be #2. Then I'll probably be waiting on My Darling Clementine or The Ox-Bow Incident for #3.

NeilEdwards

Stunt Coordinator
I will not be replacing the original release DVD's with re-release DVD's no matter what else is on them until I have watched the several hundred DVD's that I now own and have not been viewed. At the rate of over 50 per month, I will catch up by May 2003. However, factoring in new purchases (between 20 and 30 per month), this will push the date up to October 2003.

Then, perhaps I will look at replacing DVD's. My main goal is to replace the VHS's.

One exception to this was Amadeus which I replaced.

Ali B

Second Unit
Does anyone know whether those outside of the US / Canada will be able to get the Sunrise disc as part of the deal?

ali

Peter Staddon

Stunt Coordinator
These are the studio classic titles being released from Jan - /Jun '03

Jan
All about Eve
How Green Was my Valley
Gentleman's Agreement
Feb
An Affair to Remember
Mar
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Apr
The Ghost & Mrs Muir
May
Love is a many speldid thing
Jun
The Song of Bernadette

In May we are also releasing a wave of Fox War Classics including
The Blue Max
The Desert Fox
Sink the Bismark
13 Rue Madeline
Heaven Knows Mr Allison
and a couple of others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Thanks for your interest,
Peter Staddon

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if there is anything except Affair being released in February, but I think The Day The Earth Stood Still will be out in March.
Edit: Well, there you go for not refreshing before posting :)
Great news about Blue Marx Peter !

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Peter,
You da man, thanks and appreciate the headsup. I can't believe my eyes when I saw 13 Rue Madeleine on the list which is one of my favorite James Cagney films as well as Heaven Knows Mr. Allison with Robert Mitchum and Deborah Kerr. Actually, I'm buying all of those titles.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Great list, Peter. 4-5 sales in this house, plus 1 for my mother-in-law, 1 for my father-in-law, and 2 for a close friend. Must-have no-brainer stuff. Thanks for paying attention to these classics! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait for those war classics in May, I'll be picking them all up. Thanks for the great news Peter!

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Peter
I would have thought that Journey to the Center of the Earth was also part of the Fox Classic Line. Thanks for the list in the meantime, looks like I will be getting all of the Classics.
So will we be getting a James Cameron commentary with Sink the Bismarck ?:D
Cheers
Oscar

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oscar,
I think Peter's comments were taken from the top of his head which means that he probably missed a couple of titles.

Crawdaddy

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I hope so, since I'm looking at July now before I could get Sunrise, unless I just break down and buy something I haven't seen.

Of course I've done without it this long, another 6 months won't kill me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks