Fox Catalog DVD's (From New Label - Twilight Time)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dave B Ferris, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Mark Collins

Mark Collins Cinematographer

Mark
    Yes that was what I thought. I could not find any info on their facebook page. I am surprised Fox is not doing Demetrius themselves. Fox is doing Titanic for an April release. I would have thought Demetrius would have been just as good for them as Titanic.

2. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    A recent update on their Facebook page said "hopefully by Friday"

3. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Cinematographer

Tomorrow for sure. The DEMETRIUS disc will include Franz Waxman's isolated score and the trailer. BITE THE BULLET, also with an isolated score and trailer, will be up for preorder, too.

4. Wade Sowers

Wade Sowers Second Unit

Wade Sowers
    Both of these titles are now up for preorder at Screen Archives.

5. Mark Collins

Mark Collins Cinematographer

Mark
    Amazon has both The Robe and Quo Vadis on Bluray at a great price. I love both of these movies and play them often during Lent. I may buy at this price 2 extra copies. I also may invest in the Prodigal Son for 1.88 you cannot go wrong and I do not have this movie. I have never bought Barabbas either. I may wait to see if it would go bluray sometime. Here everyone hated the bluray of Greatest Story Ever Told so I have not purchased that title either.

6. Rod J

Rod J Stunt Coordinator
    Supporter

Rodney Jewett
    Will April Love ever appear?

7. Justin Ray

Justin Ray Stunt Coordinator

Justin Ray
    April Love still has issues (print or otherwise-- not entirely sure). Therefore, Twilight Time, more than likely, won't release the film, and it will fall into the hands of Fox's MOD program... much to my dismay.... :(

8. shoeshineboy

shoeshineboy Second Unit

dan olson
    I see Twilight has Tyrone Power's Pony Soldier coming in BR (alas no standard release)... Glad they are continuing digging out these rare and classis flicks!

9. lionel59

lionel59 Supporting Actor

Michael Robert Lionel Evans
    I have just received a superb blu ray transfer of VIOLENT SATURDAY from France. It outclasses the TT LBX release easily. Odd that Fox would provide a master of this caliber for the Carlotta label but only a non-anamorphic master for Twilight. Admittedly, this was before TT began doing Blu Ray releases. However, Olive have been redoing their SD releases as Blu Rays. I encourage the people at TT who received much criticism/disappointment from customers over the LBX release of VIOLENT SATURDAY to consider re-issuing it as a Blu Ray utilizing this master. The French disc comes with an interview (in English) with William Friedkin on Richard Fleischer and the movie. Nice bonus feature.

10. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    Twilight has indicated that they intend to do just that. They have not indicated any date yet.