What's new

Fox Catalog DVD's (From New Label - Twilight Time) (1 Viewer)

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
They showed "No Down Payment" on Cinemax HD not too long ago (a fair amount of old Fox movies turn up there in the wee small hours) and it looked great.
It's scheduled again for next week (Dec 15th 5:35 am EST) in fact.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
Hi Joe Caps- in response to your earlier statement regarding PRINCE OF PLAYERS on Cinemax HD, Fox sadly provided them with an HD version of the same Panned+Scanned transfer which they show on the Fox Movie Channel. Despite it's terrific Bernard Herrmann score, I am skeptical that Fox will ever provide anybody, inc Twilight Time, with a 2.55 to 1 CinemaScope, Stereo transfer of this very good Philip Dunne film. I can verify that NO DOWN PAYMENT, also screened on C-Max HD, is at least in 1.85 to 1 and a beautiful transfer(the titles are in full 2.35:1). With Warner Archive busily remastering old 'Scope titles and releasing new, obscure titles in their correct aspect ratios it is archaic of Fox to release P/S transfers of their 'Scope classics to the HD realm. It appears that some Spanish releases of 'Scope Fox titles (THE ADVENTURES OF HAAJI BABA, THE BIG GAMBLE) have also been released P/S. In the current age of 16:9 TVs, this is really plain ludicrous. A less than pristine 'Scope print from the vaults would beat a pristine 4:3 transfer of a 2.55/2.35 to 1 film.Maybe we should hope that one day Warners will start to release the Fox library of titles.......P.S. The Sony release of LOST HORIZON contains the (notorious) fertility dance which you were unable to include in your (excellent) LD release. What is the story on it's discovery? Also, the Spanish release of THIS EARTH IS MINE may not be anamorphic nor in stereo, but it is nonetheless a pleasing transfer in my opinion despite these shortcomings.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Demetrius and The Gladiators - March 13 - Blu only.

574cb393_418085_355637031121636_199596136725727_1335235_1935762691_n.jpeg

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I've been hitting the SAE website every day lately for a gander at that, Allen. Thanks so much for posting it. It looks fabulous! Can't wait to order.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by ahollis /t/306804/fox-catalog-dvds-from-new-label-twilight-time/450#post_3896007
Demetrius and The Gladiators - March 13 - Blu only.

574cb393_418085_355637031121636_199596136725727_1335235_1935762691_n.jpeg
It's just got to be worlds ahead of the DVD in terms of video quality. Can't wait to see if it is.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Adam Gregorich said:
Their main focus for Fox is titles that have never been released on DVD.

Hmmm.......Conrack(1974). One of John Voight's best films...ever! Also, a great musical score by a young composer not many people have heard of. John Williams. Yes, a Blu-Ray of this film will be just fine thank you.
[VIDEO]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ggCpKlU5h8[/VIDEO]

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Thinking how interesting it would be for Twilight Time to release the aborted Sony Blu-ray release of ISHTAR and a Blu-ray copy of Fox's JOHN GOLDFARB, PLEASE COME HOME in the same month. I guess this is what happens when you have been listening to the John Williams score of John Goldfarb on the car CD player for the last couple of days.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I'm not a fan of the blu-ray only direction Twilight Time has gone in with their last few releases. Why not release them on both blu-ray and dvd?
And has anyone ever bought one of their dvds for less than $20? Have there ever been sales? I think out of all the MOD programs and the licensed, pressed programs like Olive, etc, Twilight Time is the most expensive; their dvds stay at $20 with no discount or sales ever being made available.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
With THE EGYPTIAN and DEMETRIUS now made a BD reality and dream come true for me, I'm going to pray to the spirits at Twilight Time for SODOM AND GOMORRAH and THE STORY OF RUTH.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
according to sae hell boats is also coming in the future. hell boats is a world war II movie with james franciscus.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Those are coming as MGM MOD releases available via SAE, not as Twilight Time DVD/BDs.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
DEMETRIUS AND THE GLADIATORS who when where is the title being put out. I have wanted this for years!!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Just a few posts above if where you'll find all the info. Anyway, DEMETRIUS: Twilight Time, via Screen Archives Entertainment. Not up for preorder yet, but announced for March 13 on Blu-ray only.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Ed Lachmann said:
With THE EGYPTIAN and DEMETRIUS now made a BD reality and dream come true for me, I'm going to pray to the spirits at Twilight Time for SODOM AND GOMORRAH and THE STORY OF RUTH.
If your prayers are answered, I'll be as pleased as you.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Sorry folks for the dumb question. I was not with it last night. The real question I wanted to know is when is the date going to be for pre order for Demetrius. I want to be one of first to buy. Funny it will be 3 years almost to the day that the Robe was released when we ge Demetrius.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Usually Twilight Time will begin the pre-orders right after the previous batch (PAL JOEY and SWAMP WATER in this case) are ready for shipping. That should have been yesterday (2/14), but I see that these two are still in pre-order today. I would imagine DEMETRIUS pre's will begin in a few days (fingers crossed). I will be a close second and will be ordering two of 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks