What's new

FOX - Anamorphic Reissues (1 Viewer)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
I understand that Fox have (very) quietly re-issued some of their old non-anamorphic titles as anamorphic updated versions. I believe "EVER AFTER" and "NEVER BEEN KISSED" are two such titles. Does anyone know what the others are? Thanks!

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
One can only hope Raising Arizona - I started getting my hopes up after seeing the trailer for it on the DVD's for Barton Fink and Miller's crossing (But I realize Fox may just be putting all their Coen's trailers on there)

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Do a search for One Fine Day, there were several others listed in that thread as well.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Would love to see some image-quality comparisons reviews from those who own the previous non-16x9 versions and get the new one.

Everafter's WS 16x9 version is on a single-layer of a dual-side dics vs the former version with the 4x3 lbxed spread over 2 layers...so I'm really curious to hear how image (compression, detail etc.) hold up.

-dave

Richard Waller

Second Unit
I don't have the original disc, but I watched the new disc this past weekend. I noticed compression artifacts and lack of detail throughout the movie. I was watching it on an ISF-calibrated 51" RPTV.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
hmmmm. Not good. Compression artifacts are *really* distracting on large-screen/calibrated displays with good gray-scale tracking. Too bad Fox dumbed-down the PQ of this release inspite of 16x9.

Maybe I'll hold out for BluRay :D

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Martin,

here's the post I was suggesting you look for. The titles listed are Ever After, Hope Floats, One Fine Day, Never Been Kissed, Walk in the Clouds

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Well, technically, Fox upgraded a bunch of their non-anamorphc titles (and added DTS) somewhat quietly three or so years ago, including the X-Files film, Predator, The Siege, and Last of the Mohicans. Most of those had been out for less than a year and a half before they were replaced. The "Die Hard" and "Speed" films were revisited, of course, but those were very highly promoted upgrades.

I seem to remember "A Walk in the Clouds" being anamorphic from the get-go, too.

Regards,

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
I hope they re-release "Waiting to Exhale" because I would like to see the vibreant colors that are on this film.

RF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks