What's new

Found this theater while surfing (1 Viewer)

Glenise

Supporting Actor
I assume this place is for the public but I'm wondering if he shows movies, wouldn't he get in trouble showing DVDs and laserdiscs to the public?
I also wish he had bigger pictures of his theater and concession stand.

http://www.cacaas.com/miniplex.html

Trace Ahlers

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I think its strictly private.
(invited guests only}
It looks like he got as lucky as I did.
He gets to set up his house exactly as he wishes without getting the WAF!!:D
Although not as eloborate, I have made my home more like a commercial establishment rather than a typical, run-of-the-mill "traditional" home.
Of course I've come to realize, by seeing your theater, that you are the exception to the rule of WAF.:emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks for the link, it gives me some new ideas.
Trace

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Yes, I'm not your typical female.
I like the link too and wish he had bigger pictures of his theater and concession stand.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Yeah that is one sweet theater. It has it's own studio and arcade room. Hope to have something like that one day.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
The drop ceiling would lead me to believe it's in the basement.

Over 700 movies can be accessed by a movie selection touch screen system.
How is this accomplished, I wonder? That studio looks pretty "geeked-up". I'd be interested in seeing more of that.

Bob Hill

Stunt Coordinator
Quote:

"How is this accomplished, I wonder? That studio looks pretty "geeked-up". I'd be interested in seeing more of that."

If he has a HTPC and about 1 to 2 Terabyte of storage he could just be accessing it directly from a hard drive or array. I keep about 200 movies on my server and access them that way.

MikeWh

Second Unit
Wife Acceptance Factor-- an element or detail that many men have to consider when designing and implementing any techy/gadgety device, item, or service. It's an attempt to get what you want (for example, a cool HT), but only on the condition that it meets the wife's (usually more conservative) sense of style or taste.

I, for one, did not have to deal with the WAF, since my wife is more of a movie nut than I. She basically said 'go for it.' :D

MikeWh

Second Unit
hehe... You have no idea how many times I had to re-word it, so it wasn't terribly offensive. LOL

I just wish I could find probably the best example I've ever seen of WAF-- there's a guy on here or over at avsforum, who builds speaker enclosures that look like antique furniture. They are very nicely executed. Not my style, but very "WAF-sensitive"! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Trace Ahlers

Stunt Coordinator
It's a good thing that their are rules of conduct on this forum or I could really go off on the whole subject.
I prefer MAF,.....My Approval Factor!!! :D
Trace

Chet Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
no Glenise you are definately not your typical female! I think I see your name on here more than anyone, ie eat, sleep HT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks