What's new

Found it! Own it! Suikoden II (1 Viewer)

Cary T

Screenwriter
I've been searching for the rare gem Suikoden II for two years and I finally found it at EB today. I sorta collect RPG's, so I'm very excited to finally own this title. It's in good condition for this rare title, meaning a few minor scratches. But what's important is that it plays! I still can't belief i'm currently holding a copy of Suikoden II in my hands :D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'm not an RPG player but I'm glad you found a rare game at EB, I know the feeling. I found the wireless Satellite multiplayer adapter for NES for $7 and a mint Super Scope6 boxed for $10 at Funcoland. And even better a 2600 with 15 or so games and PONG wood-grain console with knobs for $20 on ebay (same auction).

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Kind of funny, I passed on this game used at my gf's video store, since I already have too many RPGs backlogged. She sold it to a friend of hers for $12. I do some selling on Ebay, I wish I had that video store copy now. Now all of the sudden it goes for like $50-100 on Ebay, people are trying to hunt it down (I guess after playing Suikoden III?).

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Your guess is exactly right, DaveGTP. High profile sequels on the PS2 of more obscure games seem to increase the sales/desire for the originals on the PSX/Saturn etc. Same thing happened with Klonoa

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Thanks everybody, this is the best news I've heard in ages ;). I have a perfect mint copy of Suikoden II sitting in my pile of unplayed PSOne games that I'll probably never get around to playing now that I'm glued to my Cube.
I saw one of these last night go for $95 US in Buy It Now, and since I paid a whopping $12 Canadian for it, sayonara to that.
Bless the over-zealous inflato-maniacs of Ebay :D

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I blame the companies for not re-releasing "classic" PSX games at budget prices. There's a whole bunch of out of print PSX games that were underappreciated at the time but are now viewed as very good games.

If /I/ was in charge, I'd be taking advantage of my existing IP & Sony's sliding royalty scale on the PSX to re-release the likes of Super Puzzle Fighter, Klonoa, Suikoden 1 & 2, Tomba 1 & 2 etc at $9.99. I wouldn't print a massive printing run, but doing a few 1000 copy batches of completely finished games (no new QA needed! no new dev costs!) that are in demand. No, the publisher wouldn't make a fortune out of it, but it'd sell enough (at that price) to make a dollar or two on each sale. Agetec follow a similiar model but using games mainly from the Simple1500 range in Japan. There's a whole bunch of "cheap" PSX/PS2 publishers in the UK - lots of cheap nasty shovelware, yup, so let's get some GOOD games that WILL sell out there.

Squaresoft learned this lesson - they printed more Xenogears allegedly when EB etc jacked up their prices & they re-released FFT at $20 to good sales. Take Two allegedly reprinted GTA2 for the DC when its prices jumped up. It makes good sense for games like that.

That titles like Super Puzzle Fighter can't be played by most people is criminal. Roll on the GBA port.

Yes, this kills the eBay market (a market I've made money out of myself), but so what? I'd rather see games played than sitting pristine & unopened in a drawer waiting to be eBay'ed.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I remember when FFT was going for well over $100 on Ebay for a period of time before the Greatest Hits one was released. I guess I should have sold mine then. :)
Oh, well.
Glen

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
That's how I feel too, I don't mind making a few bucks on ebay (I sold a super puzzle fighter for PSX just a few weeks ago!), but I would rather see the games out there. That's also how I feel about re-releasing games, I am surprised some simple porting isn't done on classics like Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining force 3...

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Well, if anyone's hoarding copies of Super Puzzle Fighter PSX, it's time to get rid of them. Capcom is re-printing it :)
At last, a company with some sense.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I got caught up in the Suikoden 2 craze as well, but fortunately I found a disc only one for $45 buy it now back when the average price was $150+. About a month later, I got a mint/complete one in a pawn shop for $6, and I ended up selling the disc only for $80.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks