Foul Play to DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnE, Jul 25, 2002.

1. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

Well, I've looked around some and haven't been able to find any info on a possible release of Neil Simon's Foul Play. Does anybody know if this could possibly be in the works? This is my favorite Chevy Chase movie and would love to see even a mediocre release. Thanks.

2. James L White

James L White Supporting Actor

well if you want a mediocre release the right studio (Paramount) owns the rights to it [​IMG] It'd most likely be released with terrible a/v (almost VHS quality) and NO extras with a $29.95 SRP
    no I haven't heard any word either

3. Thomas T

Thomas T Cinematographer

By the way, JohnE, it's not Neil Simon's Foul Play. He had nothing to do with it. The original screenplay is by Colin Higgins who also directed the film. Perhaps you're confusing it with Neil Simon's Seems Like Old Times which was written by Neil Simon and also starred Chevy Chase.

4. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

Paramounts studio rep Mr. Blythe (sp?), was on another forum a few months ago with a short list of titles, asking for feedback on which ones had the most demand for extra material.
    Murder on the Orient Express seemed to get the overwhelming majority of response, so it's a good bet that next year will see that title issued w/ some sort of extra content.
    Foul Play was also one of the titles Blythe offered and the response was pretty good.
    probably 2nd or 3 rd behind MOTOE.

i'm personally hoping for a Hawn/Chase commentary.

in any event, it looks like this title will street sometime next year, with hopefully some kind of interesting extra content.

btw, the other titles he wanted feedback on were:
    IF
    Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter
    Day Of The Locust

i think there was another, but i can't remember at the moment.
    all the above sound like they are coming next year, but only a few will get the special treatment.

5. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

BEWARE OF THE DWARF!

6. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Any movie that features Burgess Meredith fighting a nun with kung fu deserves a DVD release.

7. Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks Second Unit

Scott Shanks
    She was one tough old mama!
    (My seven year old daughter's favorite song is "Ready to Take A Chance Again. [​IMG] )

8. Sean Dayton

Sean Dayton Stunt Coordinator

I need to see this one again. I dont remember Burgess Meredith doing any kung fu but when Hawn was in Dudley Moore swingers pad cracked me up.

9. Paul-Gunther

Paul-Gunther Stunt Coordinator

Just thinking about that scene makes me laugh!

"Do you have any binoculaurs?"

"Are you into that, too? I read about it in Penthouse."

I love this movie. It was on TV a couple of weeks ago, and I had to stop what I was doing so I could watch it. One of my favorite movies from the seventies. I can't wait to buy it on DVD.

10. Kelly V

Kelly V Stunt Coordinator

I watched this one again last week, as well. I fell asleep before the big race to the opera house. Rats!
    The last time I caught it was also very late at night, and I fell asleep before they even got to the houseboat - sigh. It is essential that I have this on DVD, since I can't seem to stay up late enough to see it through and it only ever shows late at night. [​IMG]
    Special features would be a great bonus, but as long as the sound quality is +A, I'll be happy. This is the film that turned me on to "The Mikado" and indirectly, all other Gilbert & Sullivan operettas. It's not just about the Barry Manilow, you know?[​IMG]