What's new

Forums (1 Viewer)

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
How long have you guys been visiting forums? I started when I was around 8, 8 years ago. How about you guys?

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
Same here. HTF is the only forum that I visit. I'm not really a "Forum" kind of guy. But my love for cinema, and the interesting people here keep me coming back. Plus, I can't leave until I find out what the hell silica is.

tyler payne

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

Nor I.

When I joined in April 2000 I didn't expect to last more than a few weeks before losing interest. Seven years later and I'm still here. The friendly people and atmosphere of the place caught me off guard. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I'm on about 8 different forums. Been on HTF for a long time (since Delphi, as was discussed in another place). But easily, without doubt the oldest forum I've been on has been one I've followed since 1986, started following it through USENet and just followed it followed it along. I still keep Forte Agent around just for it and a few other groups I'm a devotee of. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
About 12 years, starting on bulletin boards. When I got to the internet proper, I went to newsgroups and web forums at about the same time.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
For about 15 years. Of course they weren't forums back then. I'm only on 2 1/2 right now that I read each day. HTF, AVS and [H]. There are about a half dozen more that I check up on from time to time. I used to help run a large forum (40k+ members) a few years back. That can suck up any free time you may have so I don't do that anymore.

I'll tell you one thing though, I hate forums now that use custom forum software that usually is so far behind the times in terms of functionality and ease of use. I much prefer vBulletin or clones up it such as phpbb and invision boards.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
HTF exclusive for 6+ years now as well. I was a regular on combatsim.com (flight simulators) before that. I prowled newsgroups for a year or two in between. But the first internet community I joined was a Babylon 5 chat room in '97. Fun people.

I was very green back then, to the internet, the country, to english: I remember asking what " : ) " meant. I was told to look at it sideways.. to which I replied asking what "sideways" meant.

--
H

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
HTF and RebelScum are the only boards I post on frequently. Occasionally I'll browse the Ody Club forum and AVS but rarely post.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I am on a bunch of different forums... lets see, about 5 different hiking ones, about 3 different biking ones, 2 different paddling ones, 2 related to wood stove burning, 1 kind of general house stuff, and this one. HTF is probably one of my longest running forums though other than the hiking ones, a lot of it is hooking up with friends to take a hike though.

I know what silica is but I'm not telling!

Jay

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
One of my proudest forum accomplishments is being one of the first 10 posts in that thread. :D

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
What great achievements! You will go down in the HTF hall of fame! ;)

Lol, I'm kidding...

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
[Darth Vader]If you only knew the POWER of Silica....[/Darth Vader]

:D

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Besides this forum I only visit a few others

Bodybuilding Forum
Statue Forum
The Clubhouse (a sculpting forum)
Superhero Hype

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks