Forum selection drop down menu

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dustin B, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

As was noted in the "the divisions have to go" thread, that menu has become way too long. Even before I considered it too long.

Any chance you could get one of those java applet heirarchy/tree type menus for this function. Click it and the 6 main categories drop down, then click on one of those and they expand out.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Now there's a nice suggestion (assuming that it can be done with this software). If it acted the same way as menus do in windows, you could get a forum quickly and without having to go through 30-40 categories.

3. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

Doesn't that feature already exist in the "Forum Jump" drop down box?

4. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Sort of. To see more of what I mean, follow the link in my sig. I'm thinking a menu more like what is at the top of each page on my site.

PS, no I didn't code it. A friend managed to figure out where you could get it after I showed him the source code for AVS forum.

5. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    What he means is a menu that opens up, you scroll down to a category and it opens up a sub menu which you can scroll down, much the same way you navigate using the start button in windows.