What's new

Formula 1 2004 (1 Viewer)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Pretty amazing race, I was certina that ther'd be a Ferrari-free podium, but nooooooooo.

You can see the banking in some shots... The exit of the parabolica is necessarily adjacent to the exit of the banking (the oval and the road course share the main straight which made the combined cicuit possible) some of the helicopter shots show thisquite clearly. The "bridge" that the track goes under before they get to the Ascari Chicane is actualy the banking.

This link shows the circuit layout with the banking in grey. Remember that they went through the banking clockwise, not anti-clockwise like US ovals. The oval portion alone was 2.8 miles around. With the combined cicuit they would exit the parabolica, do an entire lap of the oval and then continue to do a lap of the road course.

http://www.racingcircuits.net/Italy/Monza2000G.html

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Jaques Villeneuve will test for Renault Wednesday and Thursday at Silverstone. Apparently Trulli is already gone from the team & they are looking for a replacement for the last three races...

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Alonso gets no help from the track workers to get his car out of the gravel...unlike Mike at Germany last year. Is there no clear rule on this?

CharlesD

Screenwriter

IN Schumacher's case last year where his rear tires were a foot from the racing surface the quickest way to clear the car was to push him. Alonso's case was not quite as clear cut, but I would have thought they could have got him back on track with a quick shove faster than getting the crane over to the car.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Villeneuve signs with Sauber for 2005 & 2006! He will replace Fisichella who going to Renault next year. Jarno Trulli has already left the Renault & Villeneuve is testing the car today at Silverstone (pics are already up on AtlasF1) Of course this begs the question why not put Jaques in the Sauber now and let Fisi got to Renault? But common sense solutions like that have no place in Formula One...

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
big news today...

Ford is done with F1. The Jaguar team is up for sale, and no more engines for Jordan and Minardi.

Jaques Villenueve will race for Renault for the last three races, trying to help them finish 2nd, ahead of his old team, BAR.

Ralf Shumacher will be back in the Williams for sundays race.

Trulli is not expected to Replace Zonta for Sunday.

CharlesD

Screenwriter

Not neccessarily as Cosworth is also now up for sale, those engines might well be available but under a different nameplate.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
China:

I get the feeling that even withough Schumi, Ferrari would be wipe the floor with everyone. Interesting though, how ever since Schumi clinched the drivers championship, it's Rubens who seems unbeatable. Schumi almost seems like his heart's not in it.

The Shanghai circuit is spectacular, easily the best new track in the series.

I've noticed that A) Kimi's english is improving and B) he's no longer quite the deadly dull interview he was earlier.

I'll bet after that pit screw up, Ralf is not sorry he's leaving Williams.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Japan

Schumi remembered how to drive again.

Hiring Villinueve to replace Trulli has worked out really well for Renault, hasn't it?

Looks like JB might be staying with Honda, after all.

Olivier Panis gets to the keep the car from his last race. Beats the heck out of gold watch, huh?

I wonder much higher in the constructor's point Williams would be if Ralf has been healthy all year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks