Forgotten shows

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Chris_Wa, Jan 23, 2005.

1. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Sable
    SeaQuest
    Superboy
    Karen Sisco (Not when I was younger,but was never given a chance)
    Hermans Head
    Tales From The Crypt (HBO)
    Dream On (HBO)
    Leaning The Ropes (Anyone remember this one?)
    It's Your Move

2. RandyAW

RandyAW Extra

I remember Sable, still got a couple of episodes on some old beta tapes I recorded.Dont remember much about it but it sure seemed cool to me at the time. I might have to dig that old beta player out someday and see just how well it probably doesnt hold up now..[​IMG]

3. Mark-N

Mark-N Auditioning

Jeffrey,

The show you recall with the two singing women sounds like THE MAGIC GARDEN, which aired on WPIX in New York in the 70's/80's. Their names were Carole and Paula, and they're apparently still active performers to this day. They have a website that sells VHS tapes of some of the old shows...not sure if they offer DVDs or not.

As for ISIS, I spoke with Joanna Cameron at a convention a few months ago, and she had with her a petition to get the series released on DVD. Seems that a UK-based company has the rights to the Filmation library, and she's actively trying to get them to release the series, and wants to be involved with extras and new on-camera intros.

Mark

4. Mark Silver

Mark Silver Stunt Coordinator

I second the vote for "Street Hawk". That show was Awesome.

Also, does anyone else remember a short lived ABC show called "PROBE". It starred Parker Stevenson and Isaac Asimov had something to do with it. He would solve mysteries using science. It was great.

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    i would like to see,

Hot L Baltimore.
    i dont remember much but i do remember it being somewhat ahead of it's time in terms of dialogue, being more adult then the typical sitcom.

6. Claude North

Claude North Second Unit

He and She: Emmy Award winning, ahead of its time sitcom starring Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentiss.

The Mothers-in-Law: Eve Arden and Kaye Ballard as next door neighbors and in-laws.

3 Girls 3: Debbie Allen, Mimi Kennedy, and Ellen Foley as the stars of a variety show. (I still remember all the words to the theme song, and this ran for only a few weeks one summer...)

7. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

Here's one I'd love to see on DVD:

Philip Marlowe, Private Eye (HBO) - This was a short-lived series of hour-long segments featuring Powers Boothe as the Raymond Chandler detective. HBO produced two brief seasons of this series, one five episodes and the other six episodes. The quality and detail that went into this series made it one of my favorite series during the 1980's, and I for one wouldn't mind seeing this all over again in DVD format.

8. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    jonz, dream on season one is on dvd now.

another onw i just thought of, Ellery Queen mysterys.

is that what it was called?

9. Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers Second Unit

10. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Hi, Linda, (nope, I'm not "snickering" [​IMG] These are the ones from your list that I'd like as well. BTW, that's a good list of yours; a lot of variety.

BJ & The Bear
    The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo
    The Invaders
    Alias Smith and Jones

Thanks for the reminder Dave L [​IMG] I had some of these on the TVSoDVD list but I need to update it.

TonyD: I hope Philly wins it too but...I think the Pats will win [​IMG] Maybe you can tell me "I told you so" in 2 weeks [​IMG]

11. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I SURE the Oilers will finally take it this year! Err....

LUV YA BLUE! [​IMG]

12. Rob P S

Rob P S Cinematographer

rob
    Whiz Kids
    Blansky's Beauties
    Working Stiffs
    WKRP in Cincinnati
    Starman
    Equal Justice
    I'll Fly Away
    Homefront
    Brooklyn Bridge
    Against the Grain
    American High
    George & Leo
    Shannon's Deal

13. Chris_Wa

Chris_Wa Agent

Sheriff Lobo! OMG.....Perkins used to crack me up - the one I really remember was Perkins reading a speech on 'bravery'..."What is bravery. Bravery is something you are born with." What was the blond haired guy "Birdie"?!

I always liked Vegas and Spencer for Hire. Then I think "Hawk" was a series too.

The Ellery Queen mysteries....Philip Marlow was the first time I had ever seen Powers Booth (I think). Another one was Mike Hammer.

How about Hello Larry - I think Maclain Stevens shot himself in the career foot leaving Mash for that.

Its Your Move was great too.

Man....these are bringing up some great memories. [​IMG]

14. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    "The show you recall with the two singing women sounds like THE MAGIC GARDEN, which aired on WPIX in New York in the 70's/80's. Their names were Carole and Paula, and they're apparently still active performers to this day. They have a website that sells VHS tapes of some of the old shows...not sure if they offer DVDs or not."

No, that's not the one, but it still looks pretty cool! Never heard of it before. Perhaps the show I'm looking for was produced locally in Seattle, and only shown on our PBS affiliate, KTCS 9.

"As for ISIS, I spoke with Joanna Cameron at a convention a few months ago, and she had with her a petition to get the series released on DVD. Seems that a UK-based company has the rights to the Filmation library, and she's actively trying to get them to release the series, and wants to be involved with extras and new on-camera intros."

Now that would be GREAT if it came to fruition! Hope that would include "Shazam" as well! Thanks much for the info, Mike!!!

15. Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie Supporting Actor

Another one I just thought of was Carter Country. This was a huge hit with my family, since it was set in small town Georgia. It came out around the time Jimmy Carter was running for President in '76.

16. Drew Mertz

Drew Mertz Stunt Coordinator

The Vacant Lot from the mid 90s on Comedy Central. I thought that was the funniest sketch comedey show I've ever seen. Though It only lasted 6 episodes.

17. DavidofLondon

DavidofLondon Stunt Coordinator

I'd like to see two Ben Murphy series

Alias Smith and Jones

and

Gemini Man (replaced the David McCallum Invisible Man series from the previous season, thinking about it wouldn't mind the Daid McCallum series either)

18. BenjaminX

BenjaminX Extra

Blossom & Rhoda

19. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

Alias Smith and Jones is running every weekday on Encore Westerns, complete, commercial free and beautifully remastered. I'm recording them to DVD myself and not relying on Universal to get around to it. I would suggest you do the same.

20. DougFND

DougFND Second Unit

Movin' On! Man, I hadn't thought about that in a long, long time. I was born in 1971 and tvtome.com shows it airing from '74 - '76, but I do remember it. I was crazy about trucks back then, just like a lot of other boys my age.

Of course, I was crazy about BJ and the Bear. I couldn't believe it when I looked it up at tvtome.com last year and saw that there were only 24 episodes ever produced. It was one of the "important" shows of my childhood.

"I'm B.J. McKay and this is my best friend, Bear" [​IMG]