Foreworded email from a Mac

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Grant B, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Grant B

Grant B Producer

My mother has finally got the hang of a Mac and she tends to forword me email; most of which looks like:

DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
    h=Message-ID:Received[​IMG]ate:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=VqdnRM7Rc4bUXLIwgq0zH8yNj68C7f2g4Tnvcba4EVskaSnw yYjDTYnrYblduw2P26iojZQI1nrizsrhhm0qo2YmVJ+NZtbEdo Z94AHEehaq9cUfxoER8zIQlav/uCup6E3jTJBW3Pc3G95CPXYtBI5VDU+XH6omzi6nxwV7FAk=;
    Message-ID:
    b=VqdnRM7Rc4bUXLIwgq0zH8yNj68C7f2g4Tnvcba4EVskaSnw yYjDTYnrYblduw2P26iojZQI1nrizsrhhm0qo2YmVJ+NZtbEdo Z94AHEehaq9cUfxoER8zIQlav/uCup6E3jTJBW3Pc3G95CPXYtBI5VDU+XH6omzi6nxwV7FAk= ;
    In other words unreadable

WHEN I tell her she sends it tome again & again a & again

Is there a setting or something I can do so I can read this?
    She generally is to scared to do anything on her end 2000 miles away

Thanks Grant

2. Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr Screenwriter

MichaelK
    Assuming she's using some flavor of OS X, she can try sending it as a plain text message. After clicking the Forward button, she can go under the Format menu and select "Make Plain Text" (If it says "Make Rich Text" then it's already in plain text format.) The format options can be set by default by going to the Mail menu and selecting "Preferences" and clicking on the button that says "Composing" The only other thing is that it looks like she might just be forwarding the message header info. Tell her that when she goes to forward a message to you, make sure she hasn't highlighted anything within the message itself, otherise only that portion of the message will be forwarded. If she highlights nothing, the entire body of the message will be forwarded.

3. Ralphe

Ralphe Auditioning

why use a mac? get linux [​IMG] it's free!

4. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Very helpful comment there, Ralphe.

Also, completely irrelevant to the topic. Extremely so as I somehow don't think Grant's mom is about to switch to Linux any time soon. [​IMG]

Grant; what are you trying to read the mail with? Ie, what program do you use?

5. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    Looks like she may be sending it in MIME format. Just go through the e-mail options or preferences and make sure it's being sent as text.

6. Grant B

Grant B Producer

I think it might be easier to get my Scottish Terrier to use Linux than to get my mom. The OS might be free but not my therapy bills afterword. Lets just say she and technology are not on speaking terms.

I use outlook 2003 to view her email and the attached email tends to come out like alphabet soup.
    Normally this would not be a problem (trash it) but then she will ask me about it and send it over and over and drive me crazy

Do you know where she could see about the mime settings?
    I might just have to find a mac and write down the path or else she will be afraid to do anything
    Thanks Everyone
    Grant