What's new

Forever Knight: terrible PQ (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
I heard good things about this show, so I was looking forward to watching this one.

Arrives today, nice foldout case- put it on. This DVD has some of the worst PQ I've seen in TV series collection. It looks like it's sourced from VHS masters. It doesn't even look like they tried to clean it up- it's dirty, and murky, which doesn't help because the series takes mostly at night.

Very dissapointing. No excuse for a DVD set that retails >$50 per season. I won't be purchasing the second set, I don't even think I'll be able to finish the first season. It's too bad, because I can see it's a good show.

ErichH

Screenwriter
Wow, That's bad news.
I was really looking forward to these.
Anyone else confirm this?
E

Eric F

Screenwriter
Straight off the show starts with the "Presented in CBS Stereo" banner which to me means it's taken from VHS copies, quite possibly off the air.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, my wife was a fan of this show. Maybe we'll just stick with the episodes she recorded off Sci-Fi.

Ric

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the show was filmed to look dark and a little blurred?

Ric, You have to make a dvd case for this show. I can't stand the box.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Granted, the show takes place mostly at night, but it still looks awful. There's dirt and hair all over the place.

OK- I want to be fair by stating the first two episodes are much worse in PQ than all the other episodes, which are of decent quality. Still, they could be better but they are at least acceptable.

The sound-mix is very good DD 2.0.

So if you're a fan of the show I guess you're OK here, if you're going in blind like me, you might want to consider borrowing or renting them first. While the show is good, I think I'll be selling it because of the poor-fair PQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks