Ford F650 Super CrewZer

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay H, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    [​IMG] I thought this was a joke when I read about it in Automobile magazine awhile ago...
    http://www.meadowlandford.com/f650%20crewzer%20accy.htm
    Note the double running boards....
    the 130 gallon fuel tanks. Might as well just trail a gas truck... the thing actually has Airbrakes like a 18-wheeler!!!
    We're all going to hell.
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

my car is the size of one of the CrewZer's tires. And I thought the Expedition was bad.

3. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

Calm down everyone. It's for hauling BIG trailers. Not for going to the mall or post office. Although I won't fault anyone for doing so. It's their car truck mini-big-rig.
    ------------------
    Bill [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Exactly, I'm sure there will be somebody, perhaps some rock star with alot of money will buy one just because he has to have the baddest truck out there and then everybody will want one to buy to go to the local Krispy Kreme and buy a donut. I mean look at it, it's huge and it's marketed for people who want some bad-ass truck, probably meaner looking than a GMC Hummer. I mean it's got leather seats and stuff right out of any normal passenger luxo-sedan. And it offers a video console for the little ones. I can easily see some bozo buying this for their mini-van from hell....
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?

5. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Even if it is for hauling big trailers, someone with too much money to spend will end up hauling the kids to soccer practice in it. [​IMG]
    And I will be stuck behind them all the way....
    ------------------
    THIS BAG IS NOT A TOY
    [​IMG]
    375 Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

6. Tim Johnson

Tim Johnson Agent

Calm down people. These bad boys have been out for at least 5 years, and how many have you seen on the road? I've only seen one, and that was only because I worked for a company that specialized in RV insurance and it belonged to one of our customers. I don't care how much money you have, you don't drive one of these big boys down to WalMart to pick up toilet paper.

7. RobHops

RobHops Auditioning

And not surprisingly, they do not qualify for the Ford 0% financing promotion that is currently going on.
    ------------------

8. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

I have a friend who works in R&D at Ford. Sounds like he has one h-ll of a job... Here's his comments:
    That monstrosity bowed as a show vehicle, as I recall. It is available at $80-$120k. At that price, I don't think it represents as good of a value as some of our more plain-jane stupor doodies. E.G., you can get an F750 loaded out for $60k. It just won't have all that garish cladding on it.
    For any considering Stupor Doodies, I have to
    recommend the diesel. The "pig-poker-power-stroker" (a moniker I awarded) has loads 'o torque. I was beating a pool vehicle E-350 with said engine the other day. It brake-torqued reel purty. Lots o' tahr smoke at the low end...

9. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

What are the powertrain options? Do they use the Navistar? How about a Cat from Ford's larger lines? On a truck like that, I'd think that the Navistar Powerstroke may not be big enough.
    I've seen those around before (over the last few years) and always thought they looked somewhat like the Freightliner line up used for Ambulance/EMT use and fire/rescue.
    It's hard not to like that thing. But at a price of up to $120k, it wouldn't take much more than that to buy a new Ferrari 360 (order and wait 2 years though). But I would assume that anyone that can pay cash for that super cruiser could also pay cash for a new Ferrari at the same time.
    It sure is fine.
    ------------------
    "What did Mr Spock see when he looked in the toilet? The Captain's Log."
    Stolen from a BBS in 1985