What's new

For those who got Kids in the Hall this week... (1 Viewer)

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and all I have heard from them is a thank you for the purchase and a survey emailed to me.

Did you guys get any emails confirming shipping or a receipt?

I am not sure if my order went through if there was a problem with it. Does anyone know where I could go to find out other than the website?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I got a shipping confirmation but I never got an order confirmation immediately upon placing my order. I got my shipping confirmation on Saturday the sixth but it looks like my package was actually shipped on the third. Basically, this means that your package could be in the mail before you get any sort of e-mail confirmation.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Justin, I'm going to call Broadway Video today and have them look into why your order hasn't been shipped yet.

Gord

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
I got a shipping confirmation but it hasn't shown up yet, it's killing me to wait.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Justin, I received word from Broadway Video about your order. Apparently there was a problem with your CC and your order couldn't be shipped out on 12/05. It was finally approved yesterday and the set will be sent out today.

There ya go, now you know to expect your set mid-late next week :)

Gord

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the help, Gord!! That is great news...That is not the first problem with my credit card, it seems my bank declines purchases even though I have the money. The same thing happened with the digital camera that I bought...I guess they are wary of it because it was out of my spending habits.

The only bad news is that I am going out of town on Monday for 2 weeks...I will have to wait a while to watch this set :frowning:

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I finally got mine. Why the heck did I pay $6.95 shipping when they sent it $1.84 media mail? For $5 they could have sent it first class. I feel a bit ripped off :angry:

MattHR

Screenwriter
Received my set today (via FedEx). I never received e-mails confirming my order or the shipment. A very nice set!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Zak, yes they will ship to Australia. The DVDs are also region 0 so they will play fine in your player. I have no idea how much it will cost, but I think it'll be expensive.

Martin, you're forgetting the "handling" part of the transaction; they have to pay a person to mail these out. It's actually costing them a bit more to mail them out than the customer is paying.

I was once charged $25 to ship a computer CD to Canada. When it got there it said POSTAGE: $2.15.

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Zak, I'm surprised to find a KiTH fan from down under. I had told my friend in Sydney about the show years ago, but it was only playing at 2am, or some sick time like that.

We need to get the word out to some international DVD sites to let them know that the set is shipping and is R0. I emailed a few R2 sites, but none of them posted any news about the set :frowning:

John, the feedback has been quite positive so far. Hopefully we'll see some reviews go up once reviewers get their copies. I know some have been sent to the NY Times, Newsday and a couple of websites.

I watched a bit of the Rivoli footage last night and I enjoyed it. At times it's hard to hear what they're saying (Paul Bellini was filming this from the crowd) and the video quality isn't all that great, but it's so neat to watch their early material.

Gord

Zak Hepburn

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah,I think they are the best comedy trop(next to Python)
I First saw "Brain Candy" and then had to look for the show on cable.It was on at a really bad time,But out here most "Diffrent" things are like.
Going to place my order soon.

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
I still don't have my set and I'm going out of town for 2 weeks as well. I'll be very sorry to miss it if I'm already gone.

Our mail carrier keeps dumping our mail through the gate rather than putting things in mailboxes so I'm sure that if it sits there for 2 weeks on a busy San Francisco street it won't be there when I come back.:frowning:

DannyS

Second Unit
I'm in R2 land and I can say that the set looks excellent! I don't know anyone that watched this show when it aired over here, because it was usally on at 2am or something crazy like that. It is very "cult" over here as so few people saw it , apparently.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad to hear that some non-R1 people are enjoying the set :D

It's too bad that they left off the "R0" symbol on the package because once it hits retail no one will realize it's not R1.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks