What's new

For something different: Commercials you actually like! (1 Viewer)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
While not technically a "commercial", the TBS promos for their upcoming movies are pretty darn funny. The best was the promo for Lord of the Rings, when they were playing up the Frodo-Sam gay undercurrent.
Bruce

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Thought of this thread yesterday as I saw that much loved Mercury ad from page 1 I think three times in one half hour. NOW I know what you are all talking about.

There is one low angle shot of the girl that is quite gratuitous. Can't believe they got away with it, but I won't complain.

Another great ad, the "I Feel Pretty" Nike ad. If the ad gets me singing that song, you know it is working.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Jon Martin said:
Thought of this thread yesterday as I saw that much loved Mercury ad from page 1 I think three times in one half hour. NOW I know what you are all talking about.
There is one low angle shot of the girl that is quite gratuitous. Can't believe they got away with it, but I won't complain.
Youtube link, if any, please!

I usually don't watch much football, or much TV in real time, so I don't usually see many commercials. However, I was visiting family over the weekend, and was watching NFL football, and I happened to see a commercial that cracked me up. It was . . .

"Rubber floor!"

Bud Light

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The new Sony HD TV commercial featuring Shatner, Nimoy (non-speaking) and Koenig on the bridge of the Enterprise made me smile.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
The VW commercial with the catapult had me laughing at loud. I had to rewind the tivo and watch it 3 times in a row. It's available on the vw site.

Peter Stomare kills when he says....well, go view it and you'll see.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The new Sony HD TV commercial featuring Shatner, Nimoy (non-speaking) and Koenig on the bridge of the Enterprise made me smile.
I'm pretty sure that was an ad for DirecTV... :D
Whoever came up with the idea for this line of ads is a genius. Most of them have been comic gold. Ben Stein, Mini Me, Star Trek VI, etc. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I loved the commercial that spoofed the famous jogging on the beach scene from 10 with Bo Derek. I think it was for Dr Pepper, not sure. Also another cool one I liked was one of the Mountain Dew commercials where the guy does a flip in an old Trans Am and grabs the can out of a guys hand, way cool.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought I hated all Burger King ads, but I kind of like the office workers ones. Mainly because the "want a bite of my sandwich?" girl is extremely cute.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Greg_S_H said:
There's a new Mercury ad with Jill Wagner wearing this little vest thing over her blouse. Lookin' good!
Is that the one for the Mercury Milan? Hot damn, she's hot!
Yes, I've actually seen the ad while on vacation in the USA... :D
And the one for Ford Fusion (where the woman pulls up to a drive-through dry-cleaner and pays for the next guy and asks the lady to hand him her card) also has a very attractive female lead.
Agree, the Star Trek spoof for DirectTV is pretty good, I'm assuming they were able to get Shatner to do the new dialog, and they appear to have CG'ed his lips/face to match the new dialog -- his face looks rather plasticky, but then again some would say that's exactly how he looks on Boston Legal nowadays...
Love the Geico ads with Verne Troyer and Don LaFontaine too. The one with Peter whatsisname (original MI?) is rather blah, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks