What's new

For something different: Commercials you actually like! (1 Viewer)

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
"Messing with Sasquatch" Campers playing practical jokes on bigfoot. Putting his hand in warm water while he is sleeping, binoculars that leave rings around his eyes when he looks through them. I think their concept is original.
Dave

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
There's a commercial for these new blinds where the blinds are inbetween two panes of glass. I forget the name of the product, but in the commercial, a woman is showing another woman the blinds and you see her husband (through the window) in the back yard at the grill. Everytime the woman closes the blinds and then opens them, the guy is having more and more problems with the grill, until it finally explodes on him.
It was pretty cute.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I'd forgotten this one - but it aired during the SuperBowl last year - I think it was for Ameriquest? But the guy is making dinner for his girlfriend and the cat keeps getting in the way, and knocking stuff over including pasta sauce and the girlfriend walks in, right as it looks like the guy is killing her cat with a puddle of red stuff on the floor and a knife in his hand. Awesome.

I also saw one before a movie the other day - it was for Nike or Reebok? Some shoe thing but it had like every famous football player ever, including the cute guy from USC Matt whatever the heck (Leinhart?), and they are all "He's just the new kid" and it was really cute.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Commercials I actually like? Wow, where to start? Sometimes, advertisers seem to GET IT, that to sell their product, they don't have to annoy the living CRAP out of their customers!
1. Citi identity theft commercials - entertaining and informative at the same time. Hard to choose a favorite amongst them, but I would have to say it's a toss up between the two elderly ladies arguing like hicks about the noise the motorcycles made, or the rather buff black gentleman sounding like a clueless teenage girl/American Idol wannabe.
2. The Pillagers - Thanks to Capital One, these guys are out of work, and trying to find jobs in the modern world is not as easy as it sounds, especially to Barbarians. I love the summer camp counselor spot.
3. The puppy singing the Advantix version of Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh is cute, as is the one where he's singing the Advantix version of The Lion Sleeps Tonight.
4. What happened to the "German engineering in the house" spots with the "rapping German" engineer and his snooty assistant?
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/co...nPimp_My_Ride/
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/co...Ride_Part_Two/
http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/co...de_Part_Three/
There was actually a thread devoted to this particular series, and I believe someone identified the fellow playing the engineer as Peter Stormare.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I'm liking the "Dr. Z" Dodge commercial with the "Hemi Guy" as the director.
"ACtors..."
I don't think the Alfac commercials are up to the old standards but I like the one with the guy who has his leg in a cast, ordering Chinese food.
"I love duck!"
Then there's the infamous Bluefly.com commercial.
"Sushi?"

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Southwest Airlines: It must be Football Season (Favorite: Cashier says "I'm open!"

Budweiser: All of the Clydesdales playing football commercials

My personal favorite is one that I don't see anymore. I can't remember the product (I believe it was for beer) where it was making fun of all of the *something* walks into the bar joke. I laugh everytime when the bartender gets fed up and says, "Is this somekind of joke?" to which the blonde girl responds, "I don't get it."

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Southwest Airlines: It must be Football Season (Favorite: Cashier says "I'm open!"
Where the guy throws the ham (or turkey?) :laugh: Yeah, I loved that one!
EDIT: I just figured out what the name of those blinds are (with the guy and the barbecue) - They're Pella Blinds. I can't find a video, but the ad is funny.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Radio commercial for Subway, woman is ordering at some other fast food restaurant:

Order taker: You can get extra flabby for only 39 cents more.

Woman: Ok, I'd also like the bedonk-a-donk butt.

Order taker: Do you want the bedonk-a-donk butt or the BEDOUNK-AA-DOUNK butt?

Woman: Just the bedonk-a-donk butt. What kind of thighs do you have?

Order taker: Thunder and cottage cheese.

Woman: Um, I'll take an order of the cottage cheese thighs...

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
The old spice deoderant commercial with the SMOKIN' HOT chick dancing around with the message "When she sweats, it's sexy; when you sweat, you stink"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave_Brown said:
The old spice deoderant commercial with the SMOKIN' HOT chick dancing around with the message "When she sweats, it's sexy; when you sweat, you stink"
You want a smokin' hot chick dancing around lookin' fine in your TV ads?!
Look HERE to see Eva Longoria dancing...in a summer dress...in the rain. Need I say more?! :D Just click on the rather obvious link.
Why...oh why...are they only showing this on spanish-language TV stations??? At least that's my understanding. EDIT: One fella at my work says he has seen it on US network TV.
This might just beat out the commercial I posted at the top of the page as my all-time favorite! ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've seen it on English-language TV. I'd have to say sweaty dancing Old Spice girl FTW, because Longoria doesn't do it for me.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's still too far from the water supply.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

I tried to find a stupid commercial I liked on YouTube, but I couldn't find it. It was a Fox Kids PSA where Marco tries to coerce Kenny into doing a trick on a skateboard that Kenny is too scared to do. Kenny finally admits he's not ready to do it, so Marco says, "Hey, Kenny! You're the bomb, dude!" Like that's how that would go down. I used to see it while watching Little House. Sadly, this *was* during the 2000s--not a distant memory from my childhood.
I have the audio from this. Is there a YouTube-style site for audio, or at least a Photobucket-style upload site? I don't want to be the only one to suffer from having heard this.

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
I'll chime in with another vote for the puppy commercial!
Also, I enjoyed the Pepsi commercial, "Just Lunch," with the dog setting the cat up for eating/drinking the owner's lunch.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Edit: Edited to remove commercial's description, so you can see it for yourself. Basically, saw a pretty cool Levi's ad on TV. I posted about it, and then found in on YouTube. The subject matter was what prompted me to post, but I did mention the cute girl as well. :)
And here it is:
"YouTube. Is there anything it doesn't have?"

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Speaking of jeans and going all the way back to the early '90s, there was a great ad for jeans that showed a bunch of hot chicks. I don't remember the brand right now. The voiceover said something like, "We could show you this. . . ." Flashes to guys standing around in jeans. "But, we know what guys like." And back to the hot chicks.
And, there were those ubiquitous ads during Beavis and Butt-Head's heydey with the girl spraying body spray all over herself. "Ooh. Ahh. YEAH!"
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks