What's new

For something different: Commercials you actually like! (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Kind of creepy, but I enjoy the latest Progressive Insurance ads with "Flo" and her family around a dining table.

Not sure if they're pulling a "Nutty Professor" thing where she plays all the characters, but I keep watching, which is obviously what they want.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Stan said:
Kind of creepy, but I enjoy the latest Progressive Insurance ads with "Flo" and her family around a dining table.

Not sure if they're pulling a "Nutty Professor" thing where she plays all the characters, but I keep watching, which is obviously what they want.
It's clear she is all the characters.

I hate Flo and recently there have been radio spots with her singing.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
TonyD said:
It's clear she is all the characters.

I hate Flo and recently there have been radio spots with her singing.
Thankfully nothing I will ever have to hear. I gave up on radio 10-15 years ago, strictly CDs of my choice since then.

Only catching a few TV commercials now because of a DISH issue, but once I decide on the best solution, back to the DVR and the FF button.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Stan said:
Thankfully nothing I will ever have to hear. I gave up on radio 10-15 years ago, strictly CDs of my choice since then.
Radio? radio...?

Hmmm....

Oh, right. That's that broadcast service that infrequently interrupts its stream of ads with a song.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but a traditional holiday reposting favorite:

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Wanna feel old? How about some early 70s TV show promos -

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sliOW4rTUkY&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
This 1986 CBS college football broadcast between Arizona and UCLA had a halftime segment called The Prudential College Football Report with Jim Nantz, and within the same (Jim will throw to commercial twice within this segment) are commercials for The Prudential (which no longer has "The" in its name and is simply Prudential). In fact, Don Robertson's billboard V/O (from whence I got my signature on this forum) was, IMO, some of the best advertising that Prudential Financial ever had (which is why my signature quotes that billboard). The segment starts at the 1:42:20 mark, but for some reason, the embedded video does not reflect that, so you'll have to manually scroll to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYROodzEM-s&t=102m20s

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Was that a commercial?
confused-smiley-004.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks