What's new

For something different: Commercials you actually like! (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by RobertR /t/237081/for-something-different-commercials-you-actually-like/330#post_3897025
A friend of mine at work showed me some Tom Tom commercials with Darth Vader and Yoda. Funny stuff.
I have never seen any commercials, but there is some "behind the scenes" footage from when Darth Vader, Yoda and Bert & Ernie recorded their voice prompts that is quite funny:

Darth Vader

Yoda

Bert & Ernie

KITT Needs a Map Update

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
OMG...my wife and I were watching a show today and saw one of these commercials and both burst out laughing!

This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time! And when I went to find it on YouTube to post here...it turned out there was an entire series of them AND even an explanation (funny!) video from the company explaining the campaign. Enjoy!

Fashion

Parenting

Video Chatting

Pool Parties (this is the one we saw today!)

And the funniest one of all!

Relationships

Here is the "explanation"/case study:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
For those who can't see these things on an iPad, they are commercials for Athenos Yogurt.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've gone back and re-watched some of these a few times.

There are so many solid components: the VO guy, the writing, the juxtaposition of "old country" "Yiayia" with the young "happening" crowd, and the reaction shots...but the real joy is in the editing and the use of silence. Really well-produced spots.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

I saw this so many times as a kid. It meant nothing to me.
watched it again recently and it almost made me cry.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Flo is at the top of my hate list, I want to punch her.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this commercial by John Cleese.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5VDfizYnxY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

SteveSs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
I'm driving my wife freaking nuts because I wander around the house saying " one, two, Kalamazoo; three, four, Jersey shore; five, six, West Phoenix; 1008, 1009, Dallas, Denver, Anaheim."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by SteveSs /t/237081/for-something-different-commercials-you-actually-like/360#post_4003714
I'm driving my wife freaking nuts because I wander around the house saying " one, two, Kalamazoo; three, four, Jersey shore; five, six, West Phoenix; 1008, 1009, Dallas, Denver, Anaheim."

My wife SCREAMS at me every time that commercial comes on...to mute the sound. For whatever reason, that audio cuts through her like a knife!

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I really like the first one. The Santa one was cute - the first time. But I knew when when seeing it then that that was enough, and I was right, by the second time it came on, I was reaching for the remote.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Thank heavens for DVRs, I normally bypass all commercials.

I do have to admit I've bumped into the Kaley Cuoco/William Shatner commercials and they are actually enjoyable. Not particularly memorable as far as what they're advertising. I have no idea, think it has something to do with one of those travel websites.

Apparently she's also doing Toyota commercials, but they actually are pretty decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks