What's new

Footloose Scenes/music (1 Viewer)

Brent Smith

Agent
Hi,

I admit it's been awhile since I seen this movie first run, but I saw it on cable just yesterday, and I could swear they altered the music for the sequence where "Ren" (the Kevin Bacon character) is dancing in the empty warehouse. The music they were using just didn't seem to synch to the action on the screen like i remember it doing when I saw first run. Unfortunately I can't be any more specific as to the name of the song etc., I remember them using in the first version I saw. If anyone can confirm or deny this it would be appreciated (just to put my mind at rest)

Thanks,

C. Brent Smith

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
It's been ages since I saw the film, but I don't think it was Holding out for a Hero in this scene. If I remember correctly, it was Never by Moving Pictures.

Chris

Brent Smith

Agent
Hi Lanie & Christian,

Lanie thanks for the possible suggestion, but I think Christian on a roll by suggesting "Holding out for a Hero" is used elsewhere in the film (I think its during the game of "tractor chicken" I'll have to listen to soundtrack for the song called "Never") I just wish I'd paid more attention those many years ago (grumble), but I know what they played in my first viewing really seemed to mesh much better than what they used in the cable broadcast I saw recently. Perhaps someone can explain why it would suddenly be different for over the air broadcast vs. theatrical run. I was only under the impression you ran into possible need to change if you were going to release said movie to the masses in some from other than a broadcast medium and the releasing studio didn't want to pay the music rights for it (as we've see on some of the TV to DVD releases of late)

C. Brent Smith

Brent Smith

Agent
Hi Brandon,

Thanks for confirming Christian's answer (soundtrack CD does have song "Never"), but the real question is still unanswered, was it [always] "Never" by Moving Pictures or was another song used while running during it's theatrical release?

Thanks,

C. Brent Smith

Brent Smith

Agent
Hi Brandon & all the others,

Then I must be merging two different movies with similar "themes" (i.e. "dancing" [or some other act] not being allowed, an "outsider" rebel lad comes and saves the day) because I could swear the music used when I saw that scene played was "different" but I just don't know how to explain how it was "different" (If memory serves me right it almost looked as though the music was written especially for that scene hence the feeling "Never" seems to me to be out of synch) But it seems I having a serious memory gap or other problems for data in that period so I guess we'll never know what movie I may have been watching....

So thanks for the help,

C. Brent Smith

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Hi all,

The music used in that scene has always been NEVER. In theatrical and on video.

The confusion may be because the music video for FOOTLOOSE used the warehouse footage, with the theme playing over. Same dancing, same running around (with a few other scenes from the film) but with the Kenny Loggins song on the soundtrack.

Brent Smith

Agent
Hi Jon,

I believe you just solved the problem I was having!:frowning: I bet I was remembering the "Footloose" music video version and meshing that with my percieved movie version I remembered seeing back those many years ago. But I could have sworn now that I am thinking more about it that he was dancing to Kenny Loggin's "I'm Free(Heaven Help the Man)", but since I didn't even have a clue of the title I thought he was dancing to I guess it time for ole' brain cell replacement ;)

Thank for all the help folks,

C. Brent Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks