FM mod Question

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Anthony Moore, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

I ordered the Audiovox from the F&F deal.

If Im using the FM Modulator, do I have to go behind the head unit to plug anything in at all?

2. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Anthony, I don't believe you do. Just hook up the antenna,plug it into your lighter, and turn your radio to the appropriate radio station. That's it!

3. FrankMorris

FrankMorris Auditioning

You must plug the antenna from the radio into the the mod and then to the outside antenna. All power hook ups will be under the dash, to the fuse box. Not too tough. Just READ the instructions, and take your time. One other thing, that mod, gets really hot. Becareful where you place it.

4. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    Aw, rats! Someone told me an FM Modulator is the same thing as an FM Transmitter, which just transmits the signal to your radio. There is no connection required. The car I was going to use this on is my mother's, and she won't let me change anything, so it appears that I won't be able to use this. I already ordered it to! [​IMG] Anyone know where I can buy an FM Transmitter?

5. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

If I am not mistaken, the Audiovox uses a built-in wireless FM modulator which is exactly the same as an FM transmitter. That means no hassle with wires hooking up behind the deck.

6. David-S

David-S Second Unit

Yes, if you got the Audiovox car kit, it has a built in FM transmitter (not quite the same thing as the modulator Frank was talking about...)

7. Ronn.W

Ronn.W Second Unit

How powerful is the Audiovox FM transmitter? I've got stations on all 4 of the FM presets the transmitters use, and I've had bad luck with transmitters not being strong enough (even inches away) to override the broadcast stations completely.

8. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

It is fairly strong, we don't have stations on any of the presets it uses here so your results could vary quite significantly.