What's new

Fluance Owners (1 Viewer)

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
Ok my Budget just got alot tighter on my theater, Just found out I have to put a new septic system in at this house I bought so....well nuff said..... I was looking at Paradigm and Polks but after some research I came accross the Fluance Speaker system, Now I will be adding the Bi-Polars to this as well as a subwoofer since I am going with a 7.1 system. My question is how will this set up handle a room that is completely soundproof with measurments of 22' deep by 18' wide and a ceiling height of about 7' 8". first row of seating will be about 12 feet back from the front speakers. I wish I didnt have to mess with this dang septic but it would be dumb to have a great theater in a house that smells like poopy

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I guess, it depends on what your willing to spend on speakers. and what your running them with. I have the SX-HTB's and I love them. They arent flawless, but for the price they are superb, and suit my needs extremly well. I would think they would due well in the environment your talking about, though I dont know anything about the Fluance Subs. Sorry I cant be of much help

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
Travis I would go with the separates like I did. but if you want the packaged deal I would go with the
AV-HTB. I love my speakers. They sound great. Movies and for music. I went with separates for the different center channel. The AV-SC sounds smooth and it does not sound muffled like some low cost speakers. They are very well built. if you are going with a 7.1 let me know I have three AV-BP2 for sale if you want them([email protected]). If you are married then you know why I'm selling them. WAF!!! I hate to part with them. I loved the way they sounded with my sacds. You will not regret the purchase of Flaunce speakers.

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
why do you have 3 AV-BP2's, Im at work now But I will email you tommorrow about them? what do you think is better about the AV-HTB other than price?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My room is about the same size as yours - not as wide (13ft) but the ceiling is 12ft. (but definitely not soundproof). I have the SX-HTB. I replaced the center with the AV-SC and added the AV-BP2's for the side surrounds. Add to this an old Velodyne CT-80.

This system is more than enough for my room. I would not hesitate to get this setup again. I'd say get it, and when you get your poop together, upgrade (sorry, couldn't resist). :)

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
I think I am going to go with the SX HTB and add the Bi-Polars to the deal for now, only drawback I can see is I MAY have to paint them black if I dont like the way they look in the finished room, but that is an easy fix.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I had wished my SX-HTB's were black as well, but once you get them, You will find them sort of elegant. the vinyl beachwood finnish is really done nicely. I havent upgraded any of the speakers, but eventually Id like to, I just dont feel the need to, these speakers are more than sufficient. I listen to movies and music 50/50% of the time. and I must say, DVD-A titles just sounds so incredible.

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
HEY Travis. You don't have to paint them black. They look really great. I bought three by mistake, but I kind of liked them set up all around. In 6.1 setup. If you could put the extra cash for the AV_SC(center)it will be well worth it. Ya suround sound music is the best. if you need a sub parts express has tiny mity(model# 300-632)on sale right now. this sub get alot of good reviews on this site. There is a thread on right now about it. Look it up.

AzeemE

Auditioning
Hey Travis,
The pictures for the SX-HTB really don't do them justice. They really do have a beautiful tint to the finish, and the build quality is great. If you do go ahead with getting the SX-HTB speakers, I'm sure you'll reconsider painting them once you pull them out of the box.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Hey Azeem,

Do you have specs on the fluance subs?

Also.. any info on a release date for the SV center speaker?

AzeemE

Auditioning

Hey Jimi,
I don't have any of the lab results or anything like that, just some of the main specs:

DB-150:

System Type: Front-firing Powered Subwoofer with Integrated Amplifier
Low-Frequency Driver: 10" Pure-cellulose Fiber Cone with Hi-roll Rubber Surrounds
Bass Amplifier Power (RMS): 150-watts Continuous Average Output
Inputs: Line-level (filtered) and Speaker-level
Low-Pass Crossover: Continuously Variable from 40Hz - 150Hz
Overall Frequency Response:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks