Floating floor - would dricore be of any benefit?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Daniel Simon, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Daniel Simon

Daniel Simon Extra

I hadn't thought about adding a floating floor previously and only just started thinking about one (walls and platforms are up, carpet yet to be laid). To get something in fast, I was wondering if Dricore would work as a somewhat effective floating floor. I realize it wouldn't be as good as this type of floor, but I thought it might be better than nothing for bass and added sound absorbtion. What I like about the dricore is the minimal height it brings into the room and the ease of installation.

So what say thee - would it give me any benefit?

2. Dan_J_H.

Dan_J_H. Stunt Coordinator

Although my basement HT is still not done yet, I love my Dricore floor. It was quite easy to install and feels almost like walking on an "upstairs" floor.

3. RonR

RonR Stunt Coordinator

I am just finishing up my wiring and don't have any Dricore down yet but I agree the minimal height is a nice advantage with this product. Looks like a few Tapcon screws will be required for laying some carpet over it but overall a quick install from what I am reading.

4. Andrew Stoakley

Andrew Stoakley Stunt Coordinator

Hey Guys,

If you search the archives I've written a lot about my Dri-Core experience. In short. Awesome. If you would like some more details send me an email.

Cheers,
    Andrew Stoakley

5. Daniel Simon

Daniel Simon Extra

I decided to go with putting in dricore for my theater room. I would have liked to put it througout the whole basement but didn't need the added cost at this time. It's not in yet, but we'll see how it goes. I'm hearing nothing but positive things on this stuff (here and elsewhere), so I'm sure it'll be good.