What's new

Floating floor - would dricore be of any benefit? (1 Viewer)

I hadn't thought about adding a floating floor previously and only just started thinking about one (walls and platforms are up, carpet yet to be laid). To get something in fast, I was wondering if Dricore would work as a somewhat effective floating floor. I realize it wouldn't be as good as this type of floor, but I thought it might be better than nothing for bass and added sound absorbtion. What I like about the dricore is the minimal height it brings into the room and the ease of installation.

So what say thee - would it give me any benefit?

Dan_J_H.

Stunt Coordinator
Although my basement HT is still not done yet, I love my Dricore floor. It was quite easy to install and feels almost like walking on an "upstairs" floor.

RonR

Stunt Coordinator
I am just finishing up my wiring and don't have any Dricore down yet but I agree the minimal height is a nice advantage with this product. Looks like a few Tapcon screws will be required for laying some carpet over it but overall a quick install from what I am reading.

Andrew Stoakley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Stoakley
Hey Guys,

If you search the archives I've written a lot about my Dri-Core experience. In short. Awesome. If you would like some more details send me an email.

Cheers,
Andrew Stoakley

I decided to go with putting in dricore for my theater room. I would have liked to put it througout the whole basement but didn't need the added cost at this time. It's not in yet, but we'll see how it goes. I'm hearing nothing but positive things on this stuff (here and elsewhere), so I'm sure it'll be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks