Flipper on DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Brooke, Feb 13, 2005.

1. JamesC1

JamesC1 Agent

Is it possible to order this if you live in the UK? I put an order on Amazon on 9th August, its been nearly a week and it has not been shipped. I looked at the comments for this set on Amazon and saw that someone else put an order who is from London. He never received his set and said Amazon does not ship this set outside of the US. When I put my order in there were no mention of No International buyers. Anyway I have cancelled my order from Amazon. I would like to know if there were any other place I could order from?
    I own Season 1 and I would like to have Season 2.

2. David Deeb

David Deeb Supporting Actor

David
    Related to "Flipper" & maybe its old news, but thought I would share:

Just watched "The Cove" last night. An excellent documentary about dolphin captures & slaughtering in Japan. It won the Academy Award this year for best documentary.

Richard O'Barry was the trainer of the original "Flipper" dolphins. He is the star of this doc with the majority of screen time.

"Flipper" TV discussion, footage & rare, behind the scenes footage is prominently featured throughout the movie.

3. Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan Stunt Coordinator

Ian Kenneth McLachlan
    I was very disappointed when I learned that Flipper season 2 was an 'on demand' title as living in the UK this meant that it wasn't available to me. However it looks as if season 2 of the original Flipper didn't last long as available from Amazon. Can you read anything into it? Does this mean it might be re-released sometime in the future as a 'shops' release. Or was there other reasons for its short time on Amazon. Does anyone know please? Thanks.

4. ChrisALM

ChrisALM Supporting Actor

Chris
    Flipper Season 2 is back up for ordering on Amazon, but the price is $53.99, which if my memory serves me correct, is quite a bit higher than it was previously.

5. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Quote:

Your memory is correct. I picked this up for only $31.99 from Amazon when it was first released.

Gary "that price is way too high, IMHO" O.

6. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    I'll be danged if I'd bite the bullet right now and order S2 if I didn't already have it. The episodes look fine, very much like the S1 transfers. better to buy than to miss out and have to fork up 3 times that much later. ;)

So...Season 3...? $53.99 is fine by me on it. I got that much in the sofa cushions... can I order somewhere...?

*prepares to wait a long time for an answer*

7. Cowboy

Cowboy Stunt Coordinator

Robert
    I see Flipper Season 2 is still MOD only at $58.Will Season 3 be released?I prefer the Warner
    MOD,all the sets I got direct from them were pressed and discounted.

8. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    I would love to see the rest of Flipper released. I remember watching this show as a kid!!

Ron1973 likes this.
  9. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    Me, too. It came on Sunday mornings on WMC from Memphis. It was "Gospel Singing Jubilee," "Petticoat Junction" and then "Flipper."

10. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    I don't remember when I originally watched Flipper. But I remember in the 80s it was on around Mr. Wizard early in the morning. I still have a few tapes with flipper and Mr. Wiz on them.

I watched Season 3 an awfully long time ago. Now Season 3 is a day one. I'd really like it now. I'd pay $58 for it today.