What's new

Flipper on DVD (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Not a word, Gaje. S1 was awesome with 1st-rate transfers. Who knows, maybe S2's on the schedule and we won't know until an announcement.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
*cries a little* :*(
I still have 7 episodes left. Im milking those for all they're worth.
At least I hope they will hand the remaining season off to another company. Making us all wait like this is maddening.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
It's a real shame that this series is stalled/abandoned because my kids just fell in love with that 1st Season. This is the kind of stuff that makes TV on DVD collecting such a frustrating hobby.

Gary "and the prints were absolutely fabulous too" O.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Gary, that's cool because I fell in love with Flipper during the 60's and 70's when I watched the series on television in first run and rerun episodes.
Universal really really been releasing any of its older shows on DVD and it's just a crying shame. Flipper was an awesome show and I'm just sad that Universal has yet seen fit to release the rest of the series.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
It isn't a Universal title. The first season was released by MGM (through Fox).

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Oh dear it seems as if Flipper seasons 2 and 3 are still not going to materialise in the near future. Does anyone know what went wrong. Amazon.com seems to have lots of positive comments about the release. Ivan Tors Productions sadly are not very well represented on DVD. I would really like to see Daktari make an appearance. And also Cowboy in Africa.

Jim B.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Flipper really does not conform to todays politically correct enviroment. It's a Dad and his sons getting along together, men and boys being capable and competent, happy and with a purpose in life. This show was made before men were emasculated girlie-men, beta males, metro sexuals like they are today. If there were more women and romance in the show and the men were stupid and whipped and wore Crocs it would have been released by now.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Like everyone else, I 'd love to see more seasons of "Flipper," as season 1 was terrific. Just a "heads up" for anyone who lives near a Big Lots store. I recently picked up the theatrical release "Flipper's New Adventure" for just $3. This was the second theatrical "Flipper" movie, and the film that introduced Brian Kelly as "Porter Ricks." While Luke Halpin (Sandy) is in the film front and center, Tommy Norden (Bud) is nowhere to be seen until the television series. This film plays like an extended episode of the TV series, so it's an easy recommendation for fans of the series. Incidentally, Chuck Connors was Sandy's father in the original "Flipper" film and later was the star of Ivan Tors' "Cowboy in Africa."

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Bob, those are great films. About 5 years ago those were my first reintroduction to the series (besides the handful of episodes I had on tape) in many many years. I remember I was chilling out on vacation and couldn't believe how much those brought about such a calm I hadn't felt in years. I like having Connors in that too. He would have been good on the TV show as well if it had went that way.
The newer film with "Frodo" wasn't too bad.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I loved that Flipper movie with Paul "Crocodile Dundee" Hogan and Elijah Woods. I actually watch that movie every now and then. It really is a good Flipper movie, one of the better ones. I just wish they would make a new Flipper movie because you can never get too much of your friendly neighborhood dolphin.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yeah, Paul Hogan worked really well. Now, the bad guy in that threw me off because he looked just like Ray "They call me 'The Streak'" Stevens. :laugh:
It's a great looking film too. The color of the original show was always muted because of its age but that film is like Willy Wonka colorful.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
You must be referring to Jonathan Banks who played Dick Moran, the guy who was dumping that toxic waste in the ocean.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Mark Talmadge said:
You must be referring to Jonathan Banks who played Dick Moran, the guy who was dumping that toxic waste in the ocean.
htf_imgcache_41892.jpeg

htf_imgcache_41893.jpeg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
"It's me again Margaret! heeee heeeeeee hee hee !!! "
- Ray Stevens

d712d62e_Flipper_S2.jpg

It's back! (Flipper, I mean) Season 2 seems to be on the way!

TV SHOWS ON DVD STORY
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Flipper-Season-2/13526

A search only yielded a few old threads on Flipper. So this one seemed the best to resurrect.

The news from tvshowsondvd.com is from 3/2010. Everybody here missed it...?

BE NOTIFIED BY AMAZON.COM

and...Flipper's New Adventures Season 1...

BE NOTIFIED ABOUT THE FOLLOWUP ALBA SHOW AS WELL.

I've been milking Flipper Season 1 for 3 years. :(

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
No, I reported this in another one of the old FLIPPER threads, on the day it was announced.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Originally Posted by Joe Lugoff
No, I reported this in another one of the old FLIPPER threads, on the day it was announced.
Good deal. I thought I was going to have to abandon this darn forum over this! :p

Any idea when it will finally be available for pre-order? Also, cost? I'm itching to get this thing.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Season 2 is listed where you can order but it's "Temporarily Out of Stock". Maybe that's just how that is done. You order and they make it for you so it's listed that way...? Anyway, I just ordered it along with the cartoon series from the late 60s Aquaman. Hee hee hee!

Flipper. Season 2 Original (8 DVD set) is about $35
Flipper the New Adventures (11 DVD set) is about $60.

These sound great! The price is little higher than I'd like. I'll have to wait on that followup series. If they do the final season of Flipper I'll buy that follow up too. Hear that MGM? I scratch your back you scratch mine. And thank you for giving us Season 2.

EDIT:

It wouldn't give me a delivery date but said I'd be notified. Clearly this is just done differently than regular purchases. That's cool, as long as I get these.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks