What's new

Flexy rack question! (1 Viewer)

MikePeroni

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if you can paint the threaded rod and washer/nut hardware before assembly without having trouble getting the nuts on or chipping the paint on the threaded rods...thanks! Also is there a anti-vibration advantage to using MFD as opposed to plywood??

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Hi Mike,

I painted (sprayed) my allthread rods before assembly and wished I hadn't. Made getting the nuts on a slow, tedious process. Lost a little paint on the rods. However, I've heard others mention that for them it worked reasonably ok. I didn't have any problems painting the nuts & washers.

How good are you at spraying? :) (if you try it, be sure it's a really light coat)

Not sure on the vibration stuff (have heard it to be so because of density & other factors, but it's all hearsay to me).

Regards,

Mike

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
Don't do it!!! I just assembled a flexy for my son after spraying the rods, nuts and washers. The rods now look like crap and will need to be touched up severely. Oh yeah, I used a light coat of rustoleum black lacquer paint.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you wanted to pretty up the rods, you can also try using cable loom to cover the rods.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks