What's new

3D Flesh for Frankenstein (1 Viewer)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
StephenDH said:
I can't imagine what made anyone think ColorCode was a good idea. :3dglasses: :wacko:
Probably the same kind of people who thought TrioScopics was a good idea. Every anaglyph format has its issues, including excessive darkening of the image (TrioScopics), poor cancellation resulting in crosstalk (red/cyan anaglyph mostly) and skewed colour values (all of them).

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
I saw FFF (AWF) in polarized 3D when it was first released in 1974 (Waterbury, CT). I do not recall experiencing any eye strain. Only the nudity, bloody gross- out (for the time) scenes, and amazing "pop out" 3D. It was an experience that I'll never forget!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I saw FFF (AWF) in polarized 3D when it was first released in 1974 (Waterbury, CT). I do not recall experiencing any eye strain. Only the nudity, bloody gross- out (for the time) scenes, and amazing "pop out" 3D. It was an experience that I'll never forget!

I saw it also but in East Hartford, CT. I don't remember any eye strain but that was 42 years ago!

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I think I may have done a disservice to this movie by quoting the person who introduced it so many years ago who said it was financed by the Mafia. He may have been confusing FFF's distributors "Bryanston Distributing" with "Bryanston Pictures". The latter was run by a member of the Colombo crime family.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
I don't recall any eyestrain when I saw it on original release when I had to make a special trip to Chicago to see it. Always one of my favorite 3D movies and still remember the liver dangling at you from the end of the picture. A great moment in film. To bad Paul Morrissey is being such a dick about holding on to this film. Some people are stupid enough to let a film fade into non-existence due to greed rather than bring in some income and ensure your project survives. Once restored there are other avenues for the director or owner to generate more income with special appearances at showings, ect. So very American short sighted thinking.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I must say, respectfully, I don't see that this counterproductive mode of thinking is exclusively American, and I certainly don't agree that it is characteristically American.

It may not be characteristically American but given the overwhelming number of films made by the US and their domination of the world's screens, one might be forgiven for thinking so.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
I must say, respectfully, I don't see that this counterproductive mode of thinking is exclusively American, and I certainly don't agree that it is characteristically American.

In my opinion Americans have shown very little respect for the past. We have always been more about what is new and current styles. We talk mostly about film here so just compare the respect the British and French have for older films to the amazing disregard this country has shown to it's film heritage. Granted things have improved in the 21st century due to digital platforms but consider how Universal sits on the Paramount library. Look how many classic films are on DVD in Britain and other countries that aren't available here. Want a Blu-ray of Cobra Woman well you better have a PAL player because you won't get it here. Other countries respect our film heritage much more than the American public does. London has had a great Motion Picture Museum for years but The Academy in Hollywood is still working on their collection. Most of the Hollywood studios have in the past trashed their history or just sold it off as here in America it isn't about art or history it's about money.

Last edited:

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
Too bad Paul Morrissey is being such a dick about holding on to this film. Some people are stupid enough to let a film fade into non-existence due to greed rather than bring in some income and ensure your project survives. So very American short sighted thinking.

I must say, respectfully, I don't see that this counterproductive mode of thinking by Paul Morrisey that you referenced in your earlier post, and to which I thought it was obvious I was referring, is exclusively American, and I certainly don't agree that it is characteristically American.

The various other social ills you introduced lately to the discussion will no doubt make lively conversation for another time, but they have no connection to my remarks, and no obvious connection to the intransigence of one eccentric filmmaker who doesn't seem to want anyone watching his Frankenstein movie.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
SFMike is not talking about politics. He's talking about business and culture. He's strayed off topic, sure, but that often happens and no harm done as long as it's interesting.

Mike Ballew

Second Unit
Real Name
MIKE BALLEW
SFMike is not talking about politics. He's talking about business and culture. He's strayed off topic, sure, but that often happens and no harm done as long as it's interesting.

SFMike did address politics very unambiguously in his initial, unabridged post #130. And you are correct, that is his right. But I wish to make clear that my pushback pertains specifically to whether the peculiar attitude of one Paul Morrisey is in fact a strain characteristic of Americans generally. And I wish to add that if Dan or I or anyone else wishes to respectfully object to political discourse, this is certainly our right.

Last edited:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Paul Morrissey is kind of a d-bag. His nationality is irrelevant to that fact, and smacks more of an entitlement state of mind.

gazadams

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
gary adams
cant understand why any director wouldnt want his work to be restored and available in the finest possible element it can be .Have seen it in 3d and would be great if it was available again

tyee

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
There is a FFF Blu-ray also there but don't order it. I said in a previous post how poor the quality is and I think I left a link to view the comparison with the Japan Blu-ray, which was great but unfortunately has been discontinued.

Here is the comparison - http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/97926

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks