What's new

"Fleischer Classics featuring Gulliver's Travels" (1939) coming to Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

BJQ1972

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barrie Quinn
For those who want their digital copy. I've checked both discs and could see no sign of any video files other than the VOBs etc.

I have unfortunately found my disc to have some authoring errors - I tried to select the 'Select Cartoon' option and my UK PS3 froze. I've had a bit of trouble getting the full disc to play on my laptop (With a Samsung External BD Drive) and it took an extremely long time to load. When I selected 'Select Cartoon' it moves to the correct menu screen, but it displays with lots of corruption.

The main movie appears to be fine, however.

It's a shame, and I'm loath to mention it because of the nature of Thunderbean's operation, but you may need to be aware of whether the disc will play properly on your player before purchase.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
BJQ1972 said:
For those who want their digital copy. I've checked both discs and could see no sign of any video files other than the VOBs etc.

I have unfortunately found my disc to have some authoring errors - I tried to select the 'Select Cartoon' option and my UK PS3 froze. I've had a bit of trouble getting the full disc to play on my laptop (With a Samsung External BD Drive) and it took an extremely long time to load. When I selected 'Select Cartoon' it moves to the correct menu screen, but it displays with lots of corruption.

The main movie appears to be fine, however.

It's a shame, and I'm loath to mention it because of the nature of Thunderbean's operation, but you may need to be aware of whether the disc will play properly on your player before purchase.
Played just fine in my Region B PS3 and my Oppo BD-83. I think you have a faulty disc.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"Who cares about a digital copy? Do you seriously need to watch GULLIVER'S TRAVELS on your iPhone?"I don't really use these digital copies, but I guess the point is that you can ALSO watch this film from iPhone or iPad. Many of us has children, you know.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
BJQ1972 said:
If you email him, I'm sure he'll be able to arrange a replacement.

Real Name
Steve Stanchfield
JoHud said:
If you email him, I'm sure he'll be able to arrange a replacement.
Check closely to see if the disc has a fingerprint or a scratch on it. I'll gladly replace of course if it's not working right!

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
It's reached Australia!!
My copy arrived today.
No prizes for guessing which movie will be screening here tonight.

travels4.jpg

Much gratitude to Thunderbean and all involved for making this momentous undertaking become a magnificent reality.

Doug.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
This is trully an outstanding disc and i really hope Disney could follow Thunderbean's example and release again all its films like this!
Meaning, no degraining processes, no scrubbing, no serious alterations of colours.
Just beautiful restorations of its 35mm films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks