What's new

Flash Forward - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Fiennes is too cold to play the lead. Not connecting with any of the other characters either though.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Saw this diagram posted on trekweb which they found at Sci Fi Wire. This was intended to convey humor about the lack of similarity between Flash Forward and Lost.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I have to say that this series has got me hooked. I hope the producers and directors don't lose the momentum like they did with Lost.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge

I hope the producers and directors don't lose the momentum like they did with Lost.
They would have to create the same momentum that Lost built before they could lose it. I think this show has a really cool premise but there hasn't been anything else that has made excited about or interested in this show. Like Lou said above, I'm not connecting with any of the characters (whereas with Lost, I was interested in almost all of them as soon as they had a full scene). In all fairness, there's been two episodes and in a week, I could be absolutely in love with it but as of now, I'm surprised that people seem to enjoy it so much.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The Lost and FF comparisons are inevitable but right now FF has very big shoes to fill to stand along Lost.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just heard about this show. Hopefully I can watch the
first two episodes online and then join the discussion
in progress.
Worth it thus far?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
First episode, they're doing a surveillance on a mystery woman. They have a car chase, then the blackout. After the blackout, they haul her ouf of her rolled van, and initially accuse her of having something to do with the blackout.

We've not heard from her since.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by DaveF

First episode, they're doing a surveillance on a mystery woman. They have a car chase, then the blackout. After the blackout, they haul her ouf of her rolled van, and initially accuse her of having something to do with the blackout.

We've not heard from her since.
Yeah, a dangling plot thread or a seed for a future episode? Time will tell.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma

Yeah, a dangling plot thread or a seed for a future episode? Time will tell.
I could be wrong but I would think that if the character wasn't intended to play a part in more episodes, the people in the SUV would have been anonymous drug dealers or something like that and they would have been killed in a wreck during the blackout so they didn't need to deal with them at all anymore.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I think she'll be back in the story. Only that that the preliminary thread has been dropped (for now?).

mike caronia

Second Unit
I've got $5 that says Sulu is one of the bad guys.
One major character has t be on the other side, and I'm picking him.
He doesn't have a 'flash' because he was awake the whole time.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Alright, after re-watching the second episode, I noticed that in one (very brief) part of Lloyd's flash, where Olivia was in the bedroom, future-Lloyd states that he has to go make a phone call, and there is a quick shot of him glancing over his shoulder or turning around, or something similar.

Two things: first, is this evidence that he did see Olivia, and thus he is perhaps lying about recognizing her? Second, his phone call must have been very brief, as he is downstairs, on the couch, seemingly done with his call. Could there be a connection between the calls between D. Gibons and Suspect Zero? Lloyd is a physicist, which usually spells "I know more than I am letting on," in shows like this :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well boys and girls, I spent my morning watching the first
two episodes of FLASH FORWARD.

Got a little mixed up about the daughter saying "D Gibbons
is a bad man" when I thought D Gibbons was the cupcake
lady. However, someone suggested stolen identity here.

Really like this show. Have been reading your comments
with interest, and I look forward with sharing future discussions
with all of you.

Now to add the series to my Tivo so I don't miss this week's
episode.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
I understand the confusion about D Gibbons. Here's how I see it (and I very possibly could be wrong...in fact, I usually am).
  • The real D Gibbons is the cupcake lady.
  • The investigators (still don't know any of the character's names) were also calling the fella who blew himself up in Utah "D gibbons" because he apparently used a clone of the real D Gibbons' credit card.
  • At the time of the flash forward, 6 months hence, the real D Gibbons is on the phone, apparently to her credit card company, complaining bitterly about something (presumably charges that she doesn't think she owes).
  • 6 months seems to me like a long time for the credit card company to still be maintaining that she owes (I have had only one instance of a spurious charge and my company fixed it immediately)
  • On the other hand, in her flash forward, she ranted about "pigeon" which was the name of the Utah town wher the blown up guy used her cloned card a few days before the flash forward.
  • I didn't see who got zipped into the body bag in Pigeom, the D Gibbons clone or the sheriff, but I can't see how he survived the explosion.
  • The inference I drew from all of the above is that 6 months out there is another clone of D Gibbons card being used by another baddie (assuming the people who are moving about on the flash forward a) caused it, and b) are baddies). I believe that the little girl was describing this person, possibly also in Pigeon, Utah, as a "bad man".

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Hugh Jackes
  • I didn't see who got zipped into the body bag in Pigeom, the D Gibbons clone or the sheriff, but I can't see how he survived the explosion.
It was the cop who told Harold that she didn't have a vision of the future. I don't know if she was the sheriff or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks