What's new

Five Warner Titles For 2012 (1 Viewer)

chriszilla

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Handling
Curse Of Frankenstein - Hammer (Horror Of Dracula and The Mummy would be great too!) The Haunting The Thing From Another World The Valley Of Gwangi Kurosawa's Dreams

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Montrealfilmguy. You have missed nothing. I think the spirit of WB Blu Ray includes all the titles they own rather than filmed by any Warner Bros combination. The titles I have seen above are all similar & my would be moreorless the same with emphasis on the likes of Gypsy & 7 Brides that I have been thinking as Blu ray releases along with Meet in in St Louis, The Harvey Girls & Annie Get Your Gun. No one noted Show Boat which had been planned(and spoken of by George F) as a special box set. The reason of the box set has long passed and along came Blu Ray and it was talked about as a Blu Ray maybe a combo release since that hapened. But nothing now??? Outside of the Warner Camp, Disney was supposed to be readying the Selznick A Star is Born(1937) for Blu Ray etc, a film they own thru the ABCTV ownership. Nothing more on that either. On another note, I had placed a few titles(11 or so) in my Amazon Cart and had a computer failure for a few hours and spent time adding software to another machine I had with an updated operating system. In it were some Criterion due for release in Oct-Nov. The price had jumped heavily on 4 titles(Criterion classics like Four Feathers & Island of Lost Souls) in Pre-release by a total of $30 but Landmarks of Film had dropped $7. Hopefully, they will drop again by release time. That's a lot of increase in these economic times. Still the best place for international orders and a secure environment.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Gypsy Auntie Mame Unsinkable Molly Brown Victor Victoria Kiss Me Kate (3D) And if I may add one more: Finian's Rainbow.

SergioM

Auditioning
Real Name
Sergio Mims
1) Giant 2) Sharky's Machine 3) Tightrope 4) Far from the Madding Crowd 5) Ryan's Daughter

luckman65

Auditioning
Real Name
Stuart Meyer
Raintree County is on TCM this Saturday. If anyone has that channel in HD (even if it's not 'real' HD), I'm jealous...!

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I'm seeing "Raintree County" on the big screen the following day in Toronto...I can't wait! It's always been a favourite of mine. I'm thinking we won't see it released in 2011 now. Maybe an Elizabeth Taylor Blu-ray boxed set next year?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by luckman65

Raintree County is on TCM this Saturday. If anyone has that channel in HD (even if it's not 'real' HD), I'm jealous...!

I did see the last broadcast of the film on TCM-HD, and I found the image less than spectacular. I can see why they keep telling us that the film needs a lot of work before a commercial release would be viable.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
It does need work, but with Elizabeth's recent death and the renewed interest in her career and the Christie's auction in December, now is the time that it needs to be released... I know Fox is working on "Cleopatra," and hopefully that will be released for Christmas this year.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Hey Matthew..completely agree! I asked them in a chat about 5 or 6 years ago if they were going to re-do it, and they told me it was one of their biggest sellers. That's fine, but why should that prevent it from undergoing a restoration? Hopefully they've changed their mind and will release it on Blu...perhaps with an interview with Rooney and Lansbury.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Andrew Budgell

Hey Matthew..completely agree! I asked them in a chat about 5 or 6 years ago if they were going to re-do it, and they told me it was one of their biggest sellers. That's fine, but why should that prevent it from undergoing a restoration? Hopefully they've changed their mind and will release it on Blu...perhaps with an interview with Rooney and Lansbury.

If it's one of their biggest sellers, that's a pretty strong case for a restoration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks