Fistfull of Dynamite

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chad Ferguson, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Just curious if a Region 1 version of this is coming out anytime soon or have I totally missed its release?
    THanks

2. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    Nope, it's not even on the radar right now. Sony is just sitting on it for some strange reason (it will be titled Duck You Sucker! if/when they pull their fingers out for an R1 release)

3. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

I watched my R2 copy last night. Man, is that 2 disc SE nice! [​IMG]

4. Kramer Lowry

Kramer Lowry Second Unit

[​IMG]

5. KieranO'C

KieranO'C Agent

The BBFC cut a few seconds of horses falling down, that's all. An animal cruelty thing. A bit wierd, but there you go.

6. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

I think it was said a few months ago on the digital bits that this and the first two "dollars" movie were getting a R1 SE sometime next year.

7. Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell Second Unit

Kind of odd how the BBFC decided to cut a few seconds involving horses in 'FOD' when the scene of the horse falling down the steps is intact in 'Andrei Rublev'.

8. sarah99

sarah99 Agent

I did a quick review of the R2 here

"A Fistful of Dynamite"

There are so many horses falling on the bridge scene that one or two removed isn't obvious.
    It's a shame they didn't restore the rape and torture scenes that were in the original Italian release.

9. DaveRU

DaveRU Stunt Coordinator

I have the uncut Danish R2 SE disc AND the Italian R2 Giu La Testa version. The films are identical, apart from some minor music differences.

Shame the original mono soundtrack wasn't included on the SE, as it omits a few lines of dialogue including expletives.

10. sarah99

sarah99 Agent

I meant

I really would like to see the original 162 minute Italian theatrical release of this movie.
    The best extra of the 2 disk SE was the "Sorting out the Versions" that makes some attempt to describe the deleted scenes, this movie could be so much better.

So what appears to still be missing are
    1)the rape of the rich woman in the barn

2) Coburn being forced to walk miles then one of the kids weeing in the water he is about to drink
    [​IMG]

3)the torture of the revolutionary Doctor that explains why he betrays everyone, and how so many rebels are killed and captured
    [​IMG]

The 2 disk R2 SE has a running time of approx 157 min (PAL) which would equate to 164 min R1 version (NTSC)
    so there is still at least 9 minutes of film missing from the SE.