What's new

First Time with Prescription Glasses... Yowza! (1 Viewer)

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
The thing that gets me whenever I get a new prescription - been wearing glasses for over 30 years - is how close the ground is :rolleyes:
The worst time was when I picked up a new pair of glasses, new Rx and meet up with friends. We went to see Twister in the theater and I got violently motion sick. That's is not me and I went back to the doctor's and apparently they messed up where the center of my eyes would fall behind the lenses. The lenses were re-ground and viola! everything is fine. :) But I have to live with the teasing I got about getting sick at the movies
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Brett - remember to look away from your computer screen regularly and focus on something in the distance. Helps with eyestrain.
My employer has a vision program that allows one exam and money toward glasses but if you are predominately a computer user, you can get a second set of glasses specifically for that. No, I don't know the difference.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I got my first pair in the 7th grade when I couldn't read the blackboard. I could see everything so much clearer after that, especially the cute girls in class that I couldn't see before :)

I haven't changed my prescription in 5 or 6 years since I can still read at a pretty good distance (street signs, etc.) and I don't get headaches or anything, but I probably should get a new pair soon.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Bonnie, and everyone else.

I guess I'll just see how this goes. Can they (optomitrist) check these on a machine or something to see if there is something wrong?

The thing that's bothering me now is the drunk effect. Last night while out at a mall I was walking up some steps and tripped. I think the people that saw probably thought I was ****-faced. :laugh: I started wearing these all day long last Wed. and the drunk effect wasn't a problem for the first day or two. Man, I hope this gets better.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
It's been annoying me for years that I need reading glasses in addition to the corrective lenses I've needed since I was a kid. It seems so unfair that closeup objects would be blurry as well as distant ones. But I'm resigned to it now. The texture of closeup objects really is fascinating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks