What's new

First movie of the new year. (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I didn't go out the 1st, but at home I watched a quirky (what other kind is there?) little Australian film called Billy's Holiday, as well as Frankenheimer's All Fall Down and a funny little film called Mistress.
I have been doing some major marathons though. I saw 4 movies New Year's Eve (The Hours, Catch Me If You Can-twice, and The Two Towers, again). The 2nd I saw Far From Heaven, Evelyn and Talk To Her, and yesterday I saw The Pianist, Chicago and The Two Towers for the 5th, and probably final, time in the theater (well, unless they add a ROTK preview, in which case I'll see it a couple more times). I've been in movie-lover's heaven, since every single one of those films is excellent.
(Just kidding about the "what other kind is there" crack. I know there are lots of very serious Australian films and I love most of the ones I've seen, but no one does "quirky" better than the Australians, except for maybe the Scots)
Kristian, isn't Rabbit-Proof Fence wonderful?!!

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Recovering from a hangover on a friends couch New Year's Day, we watched bits of Get Over It, Prefontaine from the '72 Olympics on, and most of Patton starting in Morocco.
The first complete movie I watched was Freeway on DVD. Haven't been to the theater yet this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks