What's new

First Look: Alien Anthology Sideshow Collectible (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Art Morales

My credit card was charged this morning.

Mine hasn't, yet. I think the ordering page even said we wouldn't be charged until it shipped. You need to contact them.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

Mine hasn't, yet. I think the ordering page even said we wouldn't be charged until it shipped. You need to contact them.

Actually, I think I had read a quote from Finn, above, in which he says you are not charged until it's shipped.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell
Actually, I think I had read a quote from Finn, above, in which he says you are not charged until it's shipped.

I ordered mine with this understanding but my bank is showing a pending charge also. I'm not sure if FoxConnect actually charged me for it but they definitely put through an authorization request for the full amount that has tied up $150.00 in my checking account, causing my bank to consider me overdrawn and charge me subsequent overdraft fees. BE VERY CAREFUL ORDERING THIS THROUGH FOXCONNECT, especially if you are paying with a debit card.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by SD_Brian

I ordered mine with this understanding but my bank is showing a pending charge also. I'm not sure if FoxConnect actually charged me for it but they definitely put through an authorization request for the full amount that has tied up $150.00 in my checking account, causing my bank to consider me overdrawn and charge me subsequent overdraft fees. BE VERY CAREFUL ORDERING THIS THROUGH FOXCONNECT, especially if you are paying with a debit card.
I would talk to both your bank and Foxconnect and politely explain the situation to both. You shouldn't be liable for overdraft fees. If the first person won't help, ask for a supervisor. I have found that being politely persistent can payoff. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease. Finn is an industry insider, perhaps he can point you in the right direction.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
To contact Fox Connect with any questions about your order you can either fill out the contact form at this link: http://www.foxconnect.com/contacts/ or call Customer Service at 1-877-369-7867 from 8am-5pm PST. Its possible that they don't actually charge your card, but just place a hold on it. Normally you wouldn't notice unless you have a debit card. That is just speculation on my part and would recommend you call them to find out.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Trying to order the egg but my coupon does not

get applied to the order once entered even on up

to the final payment process.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
Ronald

You could try to regenerate a new coupon by "signing up" email on Foxconnect.com to get the discount code. Maybe the old one expired?

Mike

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Quote:

Its possible that they don't actually charge your card, but just place a hold on it. Normally you wouldn't notice unless you have a debit card. That is just speculation on my part and would recommend you call them to find out.
This is indeed the case as I found out after talking to both my bank and FoxConnect. They run an authorization for the full amount. If you are paying with a debit card, as I did, your bank may put a hold on those funds in anticipation of an actual charge (as Wells Fargo did in my case) and you will not have access to your money until FoxConnect's authorization goes away (2 days and counting). This is the e-mail response I got from FoxConnect:

Hello,

It has to run for a pre-authorization for the amount, the pending transactions will then drop back into your account, you will have to check with your bank or credit card company on this issue. This is on all pre-order items thru our website.

Thank you,

Fox Consumer

When I called FoxConnect, they assured me that the actual charge would not run until October. I told them they were doing a great disservice to their customers by running these pointless pre-authorizations (I used nicer words). The pre-authorization is completely useless because, even though the money is there today, that's no guarantee it will be there in October. They could verify a credit card is valid by putting through a $1.00 pre-authorization and it would be just as reliable an indicator of funds being available in 3 months.

I've never had an experience like this when ordering movies from any other online vendor. Now that I know this is how FoxConnect operates, I will never buy from them again.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by SD_Brian

Quote:

This is indeed the case as I found out after talking to both my bank and FoxConnect. They run an authorization for the full amount. If you are paying with a debit card, as I did, your bank may put a hold on those funds in anticipation of an actual charge (as Wells Fargo did in my case) and you will not have access to your money until FoxConnect's authorization goes away (2 days and counting). This is the e-mail response I got from FoxConnect:

When I called FoxConnect, they assured me that the actual charge would not run until October. I told them they were doing a great disservice to their customers by running these pointless pre-authorizations (I used nicer words). The pre-authorization is completely useless because, even though the money is there today, that's no guarantee it will be there in October. They could verify a credit card is valid by putting through a $1.00 pre-authorization and it would be just as reliable an indicator of funds being available in 3 months.

I've never had an experience like when ordering movies from any other online vendor. Now that I know this is how FoxConnect operates, I will never buy from them again.
Ya know, I think the real villain here is your bank. Are they refusing to waive the OD charges? Have you informed them that the charge won't occur until Oct? I admit I'm not familiar with how debit cards work since I don't use one.

On Foxconnect's side, I can see the need to verify there is some ability to pay. I'll bet they weed out some bum orders (not you) this way.

It's a lousy system or poor bank policy to tie up money for 3 months. I don't see Foxconnect as the problem here but I can sure sympathize that you are pissed and rightfully so.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell ). They aren't holding the money for three months, just until such time as it doesn't look like there is a charge looming.

On Foxconnect's side, I can see the need to verify there is some ability to pay. I'll bet they weed out some bum orders (not you) this way.
Sure they need to weed out deadbeat cards but there are ways of verifying a credit card is legitimate without putting through a full-on charge authorization. Debit and credit cards alike will place a hold on the funds requested by a charge authorization under the assumption the actual charge will be forthcoming. If a credit card holder is close to their spending limit or if there are limited funds in a checking account at the time the pre-authorization hits, the cardholder is screwed because they will not have access to whatever available balance they had until such time as the authorization expires, which, as I'm finding out, can take several days.

Amazon verifies credit card numbers all the time without creating a pending transaction so there is no reason FoxConnect couldn't do likewise. If, however, FoxConnect wants to do it this way, they need to clearly disclose to a customer, BEFORE he enters his card number, that this is their standard operating procedure.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein . According to the card it excludes DVDs, Music, iPods, and gift cards and is valid until 8/13/10.

UPDATE: They must not be giving a discount on the Alien set. When I added SGU 1.5 and Glee to my cart it took 10% off those (using comic coupon code), but not off the Alien set. I tried both Aliens sets and neither applied the coupon. The card I have says its good for 10% off the entire site. The only thing I can think of is Fox was going to originally sell the Alien sets only at they booth, not online. They were added to the site Friday or Saturday so people not at Comic-Con could buy them too. Maybe since they were added after the fact the coupon code doesn't apply?

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich /forum/thread/302395/first-look-alien-anthology-sideshow-collectible/30#post_3714776

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just called FoxConnect and spoke with a live agent.

I was told the $149.99 is the discounted price. The Egg set usually

goes for $179.

So it doesn't appear that the site is taking a coupon to bring the price

down to $134 which I believe is what someone else here reported
buying the collectible set for.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
when this first went live the other day I put the posted code, "comic" in the code box and it brought the price down to $135, i didint finish the transaction though.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I ordered the egg on Monday and, as with Brian & Tony, the "comic" coupon code worked. My receipt shows the final price of $134.99. So it looks like they turned it off some time after Monday.

I guess it remains to be seen if they will honor the coupon for those of us who got our orders in early enough.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Also the new account code no longer works so they turned of coupons for this set.

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Yeah, I think I was the first to post about the comic coupon last Thursday and everything went thru fine and I got it for $135. So maybe it was a loophole for the first few days and they realized that it shouldn't have been elegible and closed it. Or they were only gonna let it be elegible during comic-con, who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks