What's new

First Date: Do's & Dont's (Flowers?) (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
OH MY GOD HE'S ALIVE!!!!!! :D You should head on over to Blu's thread and share some words of wisdom, man ;)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I'm 23 and ALWAYS open the door for my girlfriend of 4.5 years. It's hilarious sometimes to see other peoples reactions.
Once, on leaving a restaurant we hit my car at the same time as another young 'stressed' looking couple. Seems like the guy had a good time but the girl couldn't wait to get out. He saw me open the door, winced, and RAN around to the girls side as she said "no no... please don't... uhhh."
It's true that this behaviour is lost on the younger people. But, all the better for me to impress my lady.

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I'm 23 and ALWAYS open the door for my girlfriend of 4.5 years. It's hilarious sometimes to see other peoples reactions.
Once, on leaving a restaurant we hit my car at the same time as another young 'stressed' looking couple. Seems like the guy had a good time but the girl couldn't wait to get out. He saw me open the door, winced, and RAN around to the girls side as she said "no no... please don't... uhhh."
It's true that this behaviour is lost on the younger people. But, all the better for me to impress my lady.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

Yes, it probably would have.

Don't sweat these kinds of details. If someone likes someone else, they'll forgive small inconveniences or blunders. Forget that AskMen crap and advice columns and such- either people like each other or they don't.

The woman writing to AskMen in that column rejected guys who she claims she was attracted to simply because of minor "infractions" like bringing up an ex. Big freakin' deal. She sounds like what I call a "dating athlete," someone who does it for the sport. I don't think most guys want that (nor do girls want guys like that). I would think most of us date to find companionship.

I just started seeing someone and I'm sure I made plenty of mistakes that The Doc would slam me for. I'm sure she did, too. So what? We're not pros, we're just normal imperfect people. She said it better than I (or AskMen) ever could: "Sometimes you just feel open to people."

I wouldn't have brought flowers either, but she likes you, dude, and she wouldn't care so much if you did. You don't need them, stop worrying about them.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

Yes, it probably would have.

Don't sweat these kinds of details. If someone likes someone else, they'll forgive small inconveniences or blunders. Forget that AskMen crap and advice columns and such- either people like each other or they don't.

The woman writing to AskMen in that column rejected guys who she claims she was attracted to simply because of minor "infractions" like bringing up an ex. Big freakin' deal. She sounds like what I call a "dating athlete," someone who does it for the sport. I don't think most guys want that (nor do girls want guys like that). I would think most of us date to find companionship.

I just started seeing someone and I'm sure I made plenty of mistakes that The Doc would slam me for. I'm sure she did, too. So what? We're not pros, we're just normal imperfect people. She said it better than I (or AskMen) ever could: "Sometimes you just feel open to people."

I wouldn't have brought flowers either, but she likes you, dude, and she wouldn't care so much if you did. You don't need them, stop worrying about them.

Johnny_M

Second Unit
be yourself and treat em like dirt. somehow nature allows that to work most of the time.

:)

Johnny

Johnny_M

Second Unit
be yourself and treat em like dirt. somehow nature allows that to work most of the time.

:)

Johnny

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

We (or I) would bring flowers as well and hand them to the lady--and a bottle of wine for the man.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

We (or I) would bring flowers as well and hand them to the lady--and a bottle of wine for the man.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks