What's new

First Date: Do's & Dont's (Flowers?) (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
No flowers until the 2nd date is the way I'd go but if you take the same car I'd open the door for her and stuff and act like a gentleman :)

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Greg,
The Doc would probably consider this a first date and as such would be very much against flowers on the first date. His concern is that it suggests desperation on the man's part. I know he states this in at least one of his articles on AskMen.

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Greg,
The Doc would probably consider this a first date and as such would be very much against flowers on the first date. His concern is that it suggests desperation on the man's part. I know he states this in at least one of his articles on AskMen.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I will second no flowers as well.

Just be yourself, be gentlemanly, relax, and have a good time.

That's it. Evaluate after first date.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I will second no flowers as well.

Just be yourself, be gentlemanly, relax, and have a good time.

That's it. Evaluate after first date.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I recommend flowers for special occasions only. I have only bought my girlfriend flowers once, and that was recently for our ½ year anniversary. She was moved to tears... :)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I recommend flowers for special occasions only. I have only bought my girlfriend flowers once, and that was recently for our ½ year anniversary. She was moved to tears... :)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Hey everyone!

Went with: NO FLOWERS

Good news! The date went very, very well and ended up being longer than we had both anticiplated or planned on it being. We talked pretty much the entire night; over dinner, walking on the waterfront, and even later sitting in a park. Dinner was great, as we got the best seat in the house (somehow) overlooking the Pueget Sound.

It seems like we have a lot in common, so we agreed to a 2nd date sometime this next week.

So, I may break out the Flowers on our next date, or perhaps wait once more. I guess that'll be another post early next week :)

I ALWAYS open the car door for anyone I go out with on a date...same goes for this at the movies, dinner, or anywhere else with a door. Just the way I was brought up...

Thanks again for everyone's advice and suggestions!

I probably could have brought flowers last night and everything would have went fine going that route too possibly, but I think it was a safer bet not to bing them this time, in my situtation anyway. Have a good weekend!

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Hey everyone!

Went with: NO FLOWERS

Good news! The date went very, very well and ended up being longer than we had both anticiplated or planned on it being. We talked pretty much the entire night; over dinner, walking on the waterfront, and even later sitting in a park. Dinner was great, as we got the best seat in the house (somehow) overlooking the Pueget Sound.

It seems like we have a lot in common, so we agreed to a 2nd date sometime this next week.

So, I may break out the Flowers on our next date, or perhaps wait once more. I guess that'll be another post early next week :)

I ALWAYS open the car door for anyone I go out with on a date...same goes for this at the movies, dinner, or anywhere else with a door. Just the way I was brought up...

Thanks again for everyone's advice and suggestions!

I probably could have brought flowers last night and everything would have went fine going that route too possibly, but I think it was a safer bet not to bing them this time, in my situtation anyway. Have a good weekend!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Glad to hear you had a good time. I have a question: How do you keep your date from opening the passenger door before you get there? Do you tell her you're going to do it? Do you run really fast? Being a fellow northwesterner I've known very few women who expect or anticipate a car door being opened for them. I had a friend in college who was really big on opening the car door, but he'd always have to race over to the other side. I don't know if his dates just thought it was endearing or overdoing it.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Glad to hear you had a good time. I have a question: How do you keep your date from opening the passenger door before you get there? Do you tell her you're going to do it? Do you run really fast? Being a fellow northwesterner I've known very few women who expect or anticipate a car door being opened for them. I had a friend in college who was really big on opening the car door, but he'd always have to race over to the other side. I don't know if his dates just thought it was endearing or overdoing it.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Cameron I just open the door when ever the oppertunity presents itself..that that applies no matter who I'm with be it a male or female its just the polite thing to do. Racing around the car to open the door seems silly to me as it would come across the wrong way IMO.

Michael good to hear it went well

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Cameron I just open the door when ever the oppertunity presents itself..that that applies no matter who I'm with be it a male or female its just the polite thing to do. Racing around the car to open the door seems silly to me as it would come across the wrong way IMO.

Michael good to hear it went well

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks