What's new

'Firefly' added to Sci-Fi (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention it seems like FOX is at least planning to air them all. Despite the 2 week gap, episode 9 appears to be set for next Wednesday.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Its so great to see the show on tv again. even if I have seen these a dozen times :p

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Yes, it did...7 PM Eastern, with fairly heavy promotion all during the early evening leading up to it.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
"Serenity" is a two-hour episode, and I think SciFi is going to broadcast both hours next week. (They showed only the first hour last night.)

So if you missed it last night (22nd), I think you still have a chance to catch it next week.

I'm going by my TiVo's schedule, which I hope is accurate.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I finally watched my first ever episode. Now I know what the fuss was about and why the fans miss it. I missed it the first time around but at least I have an excuse; I was deployed overseas. I like what I saw and its now on my PVR recording list.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Missed it the first time around, caught the premiere on Sci-Fi. Pretty good show, and I'll definitely catch the rest as well as the movie.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
According to SciFi.com's ScheduleBot (all times Eastern):

07/22/2005 07:00 PM FIREFLY SERENITY - PT 1
07/29/2005 06:00 PM FIREFLY SERENITY - PT 1
07/29/2005 07:00 PM FIREFLY SERENITY - PT 2
08/05/2005 07:00 PM FIREFLY THE TRAIN JOB
08/12/2005 07:00 PM FIREFLY BUSHWHACKED
08/19/2005 07:00 PM FIREFLY SHINDIG
08/26/2005 07:00 PM FIREFLY SAFE

Note the hour-early start time next week.

http://scifi.com/schedulebot/today.html

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Thanks, Linda, for the definitive schedule. And thanks for starting this great thread.

We seem to have some here who are watching Firefly for the first time on SciFi. I think it would be a good idea to try to remember to spoilerize information from unaired episodes. (This is just a suggestion. I'm not the Spoiler Police, or anything, and however this actually goes is perfectly fine by me.)

With that, here are my favorite quotes from the series:

"I just thought it'd be funny."

"Public Relations."

and

"Well... Here I am."

:)

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
my Tivo didn't record it but then I realized it was set on first run only. I have the series on dvd but I wanted to watch it anyway lol. Silly ain't I?

Christopher E

Stunt Coordinator
Just to let you guys know, the final domestic Serenity trailer will be airing on Scifi this friday during the episode "Serenity Part 2". Look for it sometime between 7:45-8:00pm EST. Should be online shortly after, but scifi has a nice little exclusive on it.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
:D Adam, you honestly made me laugh. How could I have forgotten that one?

:)

What a great show this is. I hope there are lots of movies and that they manage to tell the broader story that Joss originally wanted to tell.

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
Well, I rented the first season's set from Netflix (it wasn't at BlockBuster), watched three disks (awaiting the fourth) and find that my original assessment still stands. I think that it should have been allowed to continue but it isn't a great series. The acting is good but after the first three or so episodes it seems to lose its edge. The Captain's actions are not as cold blooded and focussed. They developed the love interest with the "companion" too quickly and certain recurring characters should have been eliminated (killed) instead of being allowed to live. Also the constant menance to the siblings isn't as continually pervasive and threatening as it should be. This Universe is not as nasty as first portrayed and the program becomes good but predictable television.

I am hoping that the final disk will prove me somewhat wrong...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It will to an extent. And yet, the cold feel of the pilot was a direction that Fox (the network) continuously tried to steer Whedon away from. I personally feel this was one of the few positive things the network did; you obviously prefer Whedon's original vision. "The Message" and "Heart of Gold" rate among the series' sloppiest episodes. However, "Objects in Space" may very well be the greatest hour of episodic television I've ever seen. It places the menace back to front and center.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
OK guys - I have tivo'ed the 2 eps that Sci-Fi has played but haven't watched them...

My question is, why are they playing them out of order and should I wait to have them all to watch them in order - or does it matter?

I haven't seen 1 minute of the series - so I want to do it right...

Thoughts?

-Mike

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
From TV.com:

1: The Train Job
2: Bushwhacked
3: Our Mrs. Reynolds
4: Jaynestown
5: Out of Gas
6: Shindig
7: Safe
8: Ariel
9: War Stories
10: Objects in Space
11: Serenity (1)
12: Serenity (2)
13: Heart of Gold
14: Trash
15: The Message

Is this right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks