What's new

Finished my room, take a look. (1 Viewer)

t1mberwolf

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Hi guys, just wanted to thank you all for answering all my questions. Don't think this room would have turn out how I wanted it too without all the help. Sorry no before pic's or under construction if i find them i'll add. This room was a year in the making. Two bedrooms turned into one awesome Theare Room.

t1mberwolf

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Room size is 12 x 24 feet, screen is a little over 8 feet wide (screen goo systems), Panasonic AE3000 projector, Pioneer Sc 07 Elite Reciever, Paradigm Monitor 9's, CC390 center, ADP390 x 4 surrounds, DSP 3400 Sub. Playstation 3. Love the whole works would recommend this set up to anyone. Oh ya one more thing, switched my lights to led it's a much softer light ( love it ). If you have flood lights try switching them over you won't go back.

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Very nice. Mine won't be done for some time. The LED lights sound like a good idea. My guess is that they don't give off much heat, and a sealed fixture that reduces sound transmission shouldn't be a problem.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Very nice!! the deco door treatment really sets it off. Are your LED lights controlled by a standard dimmer, or is the dimmer a special one? I have recessed cans, and would love to get rid of the incandescent lights.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
It turned out very nice? I second the comments about the art deco. I like how the carpet and the wall treatments tie in as well.

t1mberwolf

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
The LED lights are on a stanard dimmer. The only problem is the LED's seem to only have 3 settings on the dimmer, which does not bug me that much. Don't know if you can get special dimmers for LED's or not.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Very nice.

I have a Pioneer Elite the SC-05 and love it. Also, really like the Panasonic AE 3000 projector. If I were going to be picking up a front projection it would

be in my top 3. Screen Goo is killer. What material did you use to apply the Screen Goo to?

I know there are dimmable LEDs. I think it would be cool to have them hooked up to something like an X10 system that you could dim them remotely. Good idea to include them

in your theater as they will give you great light in the room but without all the heat.

Parker

t1mberwolf

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Applied the Screen Goo right to the drywall. Ran out of money but remote lighting will be my next purchase. Using a harmony remote which i love just wish they had blue tooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks