What's new

Finished my movie...here are some menus for the Blu-Ray :-) (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
This is a not-for-profit feature film honoring the memory of my father, intended as a gift for my mother on her 80th birthday. I shot the film last year and have been working on post production for the last eight months. I'm about to send everything to Technicolor for replication. Here are some of the BD menus.

The movie is entitled "Discovering D." My dad died when I was a teenager. Last year, when I turned his age when he died, I decided I wanted to get to know my father better. The movie is part biography, part road trip, and part mystery as I put the pieces of his life, from birth to death, together.

It's been the most fulfilling film I ever worked on.
Main Menu.jpg

Movie Menu.jpg

Extras.jpg

Deleted Scenes.jpg

Scenes.jpg

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Congratulations on completing this labor of love for your parents. I'm sure your mother will love it.
Thanks. I appreciate it.

We're having a big movie premiere at my mother's assisted living facility. It's really just an excuse to give my mom a day in the sun. People she's known for 60 and 70 years will be there (i.e. the cast). And when the day's over, she'll always have this movie.

What's really cool is, it takes a special person to live a life worthy of a feature motion picture. It's rare that a non-famous person would be able to carry a feature. But my dad was such a person.

I learned so much about him making this movie. Here are just a few things off the top of my head that I had wrong about my dad:

I thought he served in Korea. Wrong.
I thought he met my mother, they dated and got married. So wrong.
I thought he went into business for himself because he was an entrepreneur. Laughably wrong.
I thought he died from a diabetic coma. Shockingly wrong.

The movie should be back from Technicolor on Monday. We premiere a few days after that. So glad I made it. I feel more whole.

Last edited:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I thought he served in Korea. Wrong.
I thought he met my mother, they dated and got married. So wrong.
I thought he went into business for himself because he was an entrepreneur. Laughably wrong.
I thought he died from a diabetic coma. Shockingly wrong.

You can't leave us hanging like that!!!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Very cool Alan, I continue to be impressed with your side projects, your passion shines through!
Thanks. It was clear Hollywood was never going to let me direct a feature. I kept saying, "if someone would give me the chance, I know I could do it." But anybody could say that. I wanted to prove to myself it was true. In the end that's all that really matters: that I proved it to myself before it was too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks