What's new

FINE T.V. MOVIES Not yet on DVD... (1 Viewer)

TomJD

Agent
I'll second (or third) Don't be Afraid Of The Dark,Dark Night Of The Scarecrow and The Legend Of Lizzie Bordon.Does anyone remember Helter Skelter,Crowhaven Farm,The House That Would Not Die,The Old Man Who Cried Wolf,A Howling In The Woods,Deadly Harvest,Tribes,Can Ellen Be Saved?,Death Scream,Bad Ronald,The Challenge?What we really need is a 24 hour TV station showing nothing but made-for-TV movies of the 70's.

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
I also would like to see "Love Among The Ruins," and "Winds of War" as already mentioned.

I particularly like a made for HBO movie called "Long Gone" from about 15 years ago about a minor league baseball team in the 1950's in Florida. It starred William L. Peterson and Virginia Madsen. It was the first movie I saw Dermott Mulroney in, and it also had Henry Gison and Teller as the skin-flint team owners. I would love to see it on DVD. I have a crummy VHS version of it.

SMK

Stan Rozenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to see:

Scarlet Pimpernel with Anthony Andrews, Jane Seymour and Ian McKellen.

Since I only have an NTSC Region 1 player, I'd love to see it on Region 1 DVD.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I would second (or third) The Day After, Special Bulletin, and Helter Skelter.

How has this thread gone 3 pages with no mention of the all-time greatest tv movie, Duel?

I'd promise to buy two copies to get it released.

Lone Wolf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny B
BAD RONALD mentioned above is a great one. Saw this a couple of times many moons ago.

But if I had to pick just one it would be HARPY (1970). I saw this when I was very young and never forgot it, particularly the ending.

Here's a review from an early edition of Leonard Maltin's movie guide book - "Extremely odd (and near brilliant) combination of character study and horror show, most of it occuring at architect's desert home involving ex-wife, ranch assistant, and architect himself. Formula bloody ending, in mysterious tale of passion, actually works."

I'd love to get my hands on that one.

Johnny B.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Frankenstein: The True Story, with Michael Sarrazin, Leonard Whiting, Jane Seymour, and James Mason. In it's entirety, please, it was originally shown in 1973 over two nights at two-hours each...

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Great taste in movies Deef, I second:
The House That Wouldn't Die (Ammie, Come Home)
Crowhaven Farm
Two scary TV movies
:D

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Count me as another fan of The Point. Can't believe more of you guys aren't all of this title. If it ever got released, I would buy it in a hot second!
Deborah

Elyse

Auditioning
Here are the ones on my list - I wish there were an equivalent site to tvshowsondvd.com that covered TV movies.
Link Removed - Masses of cameos version of Alice that I loved when I was little.
(Also, its sequel Alice Through the Looking Glass as well - IMDB seems to have them combined, but Amazon shows them both properly on VHS.)
Link Removed - Kate Beckinsale version done by the Isle of Man Film Commission.
Link Removed - Hayley Mills.
Link Removed - Why did the subpar (in my opinion) Snow White movie that was on the same channel the next week get released on DVD while this excellent movie isn't even out on VHS (ref. IMDB)?
Link Removed
Link Removed
Jim Henson's The Storyteller series.
Link Removed
Link Removed - I really like this movie, and I can't even find it on VHS (settling for an old EP tape).

Duncan_N

Stunt Coordinator
I'd third Wild Palms . A stunning piece of television.
Anyone know who owns this - Columbia I think?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
You know, Leonard Maltin's MOVIE AND VIDEO GUIDE annual has been gradually dropping most t.v. movies, so there is now no good source for a listing of titles. I once owned a book which exclusively included made-for-t.v. movies and listed every one made to that date including photos and credits. This is impossible to find anymore. If I could figure out how to contact Maltin by email (and I've tried!) I would suggest he drop ALL made-for.tv movies from his guide and release a companion volume which included those titles exclusively. It would be pretty thick by now. Also, if the book were to contain t.v. movies only, he could revert to the four-star rating system he opted not to use for t.v. movies in his guides, as the criteria were different. Has anyone a useful email address for Mr. Maltin for such suggestions?

LarryE

Stunt Coordinator
I have to second Helter Skelter. Does anyone remember these, A Stranger Beside Me, The Ted Bundy Story with Mark Harmon. Another one that I haven't seen in forever is The Billionaires Boys Club with Judd Nelson. I've never heard anyone ever mention these movies, and I loved them!

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
Mrs. Santa Claus
Angela Lansbury musical with songs by Jerry Herman. It aired on CBS for 4 years straight from 1996-1999, and can now be seen every year on the Hallmark Channel (which isn't available in my area). A lavish $8 million production which deserves to be released on DVD by Artisan.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
These would be welcome DVD additions.......

HELTER SKELTER (1976).

THE FLIGHT (AKA: The Taking Of Flight 847) (1988).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks