What's new

Finally!! The X marks the spot (1 Viewer)

Martin_KA

Agent
I finally completed the compelling and travers misadventures of Agents Mulder and Scully. That's right people, your not hearing things, the most expansive sets are all lined up together. The everlong journey of the two most emotionally naive soulmates can be seen in one sitting (if your willing to sit through 200 hours of X-Files goodness). Yes, best $1000 ever spent.

John*D

Second Unit

I'm waiting for all the ~$35 thinpaks sets to be released next year. Then I'll probably swoop down and pick them up.

Martin_KA

Agent
I like that they're releasing the thinpak's. Especially for the poeple that always wanted to pick them up, but didn't because of the price. But, I for one am a big fan of the packaging, so I did not mind paying extra.

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
You shoulda called me. I'd have sold you my originals for 600. :)

I do like the original packaging though.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'd rather have the slims, I bought all the Mythology sets and might bick up the first 4 season sets if I can get them cheap enough, after that the standalones were'nt all that great.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I'd rather have the slims myself - they take up much less space and are more durable than the original packaging.

In fact, if Fox were to make the new packages (sans discs) available for purchase for a reasonable price I would happily buy and transfer my discs over.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i figured they were being rereleased, but i didnt know when. so they are coming in thinpaks for sure? and they will be cheaper? i will definitely buy them if both are true. i used to hate thinpaks, but i prefer them now, especially with tv on dvd.

CJ

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Yes. And Yes.

The first three season are being re-released on Jan. 31. Amazon has them up for pre-order for $37.48. Their prices for the existing sets range from $75-$80.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I would expect that Best Buy Reward Zone customers will be able to get the sets for $34.99 each ... ehehe ...

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I only have season 9 left to get myself... now I need to decide if I want to go ahead and purchase it here soon so I have the same packaging all the way down the line... or if I want to wait for the season 9 re-release (hopefully not to far away) and get the slimcases... I would like them all to match... but love those slim cases for boxsets. and no I am not willing to repurchase all 9 seasons in the slim cases! :p)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Pete, probably your best bet would be to see if they drop the original packaging's prices down too. It's not guaranteed but since the only difference will be the box, I would think the price will drop on the originals. You'll just have to wait until the late spring or so when they re-release S9. :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
When the price comes down more and the slim cases take the place of Ye Old Bulky POS, count me in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks