What's new

Finally - The Fall Guy! (1 Viewer)

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
Buying volumes 1 and 2 separately is cheaper than the season set. What's up with that?

LCD22

Screenwriter
Well now I'm depressed. I love the music in this series, and I was holding out on the smallest of hope that they would not screw this up.

I'll be removing this from my Amazon cart then. :frowning:

Al_D

Stunt Coordinator
I am disappointed also. I thought that with the higher than usual selling price, at least for shows in that era, that we would not have to deal with music substitutions or edits. It is no longer an automatic buy for me, and I absolutely love the show. Most of the music, if not all has been cleared in Dukes of Hazzard, C.H.I.P.S, Miami Vice, Knight Rider, A-team, and Airwolf. Why not the Fall Guy?

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I was really looking forward to getting The Fall Guy,but now I'm on the fence.I'll wait until I read some in-depth reviews,to make my decison as to wether I get this,or not.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone take a look at the running times for the episodes? I don't like any edited episodes, but it is a lot more palatable if a few episodes have one or two minutes cut out for music replacement than if all the 48 minute episodes are now 42-43 minutes long.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I'm pissed about the edits. But I'm still going to buy it anyway. Love the show..

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I haven't received my set yet but it shipped on saturday. Should have it in the next day or two. I can almost garuntee the episodes are not edited aside from some background music here n there (aside from the pilot) but the runtime should all be intact. There simply was no reason to edit them. I will check everything out soon as my set arrives though. Hopefully someone will give a rundown sooner though.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Did Don Ho sing during the episode in Hawaii? It seems like he should be on the stage as the fight breaks out?

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Aryn, pretty good news that the episodes are mostly uncut. I love seeing the 48-49 minute run times, which show few cuts. While I don't like music replacement, I don't remember any songs (other than the theme song) that were integral to the story.

I'm a little surprised they didn't do any commentaries. Lee Majors and Heather Thomas both appear in the "Remembering" 14 minute segment according to the review. I would have thought they could do one commentary.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
That doesn't mean there aren't any more edits, though. It just means that if there are any more they're not as clumsily done as the one in the pilot. :)
Also, "The Japanese Connection" is suspiciously short compared to the other episodes. That's the one with Don Ho, incidentally.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I'm pretty sure he was singing in the episode. That was one of the earlier episodes, so my memory is full of other episodes that I watched after that one.

Gord

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
they don't subtitle a lot of songs on these TV DVD Boxed sets ... at any rate, I'm going down to Best Buy in the morning to pick up my copy ... they have it for $40 for the whole set.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Nope. I turn the subtitles on for a few mins to check and see that they're there, and what languages they are, but I don't watch an entire episode with them on.

Gord

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Is the set closed captioned as well? Sometimes music lyrics will appear there but not in subtitles.

Could the blurred image from the pilot have been around in syndication? I had recorded it in such a manner and the description seems familiar but my VHS's were lost to the water of a busted pipe 6 or so years ago so I can't check.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
The cost is down to $39.99 on Amazon, so if you want to avoid the driving and taxes, you can order it.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
why would you want to wait a week or two for the set when you can get it the same day by paying the same price at Best Buy or Circuit City?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks