What's new

Finally some pics! (1 Viewer)

Shane-M

Agent
5 months into this project....getting there. Still have the drop ceiling and flooring to install. Details of the project will soon be found on my website, http://www.soundreproduction.com/basement. Projector is the Panasonic PTL-300U and the screen is a Dalite Model B enclosed in a DIY frame. The frame was designed to support the automated drape masking system soon to be installed.

Thanks for looking.

PIC:

[url=http://www.soundreproduction.com/pics/theater.jpg]www.soundreproduction.com/pics/theater.jpg[/url]

Additional pics can be found at: http://www.soundreproduction.com/basement

Regards,
Shane

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Shane:

I like it! Will the background that the screen is mounted to stay the background color of the wall or are you going to paint it black? Have you thought about painting the housing for the screen black too?

I went ahead and made your links clickable too.

Parker

Shane Morales

Second Unit
Shane,

Pretty cool. Love the lawn chair! I'm wondering also if you're going to paint the screen housing or build a little curtainy thing for it? What speakers are those?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I took a look at that screen. You mention you are going to do some future masking so I imagine the space between the screen and the frame will be filled in with the drape masking system. Are you using a fixed height system, fixed width system or will you be adjusting the mask at the sides as well as the top and bottom?

Thats a nice home theater and only getting better im sure with the ceiling done and all. I like the lawn chairs, its ok i know the feeling cause i used to have them before i got my leather lazyboy couch and boy were the lawn chairs worth it. Thats a nice screen and projector, how big of a picture are you projecting and how big is the actual screen itself?

Shane-M

Agent
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments. The wall color seen between the screen and the frame will not be visible due to the drape masking system soon to be installed. I am going to install under the cabinet halogen lights on the inside of the left and right side of the frame to illuminate the screen for effect only. This is the plan:

Using the Sony RM-3000 remote, pressing one button will perform the following tasks:

1. Turn on projector and all audio/video equipment in rack
2. IR signal sent to X-10 control module
3. Control module will send signal to X-10 appliance module which will apply power to drape control.
4. Drapes will open.
5. Accent halogen lights will turn on for illuminate the screen (for WOW factor only...will be turned off when viewing video).

The drape masking system will consist of motorized vertical drapes and two stationary horizontal drapes, one above and below the projection area. The frame in the picture is designed to support the masking system.

The current speakers are Mirage OM-10 Fronts, OMC3 Center and the rears are OMR2's not yet mounted on the wall. The subwoofer is the Mirage BPS-150. Amplification will be an array of Proceed amplifiers driven by a Denon 3300 receiver acting as a preamp(temporary). The audio system will be equalized using a RANE THX 44 and THX 22. The DVD player is the Denon 5900....So much to do still. Theater seating will consist of home theater style recliners in the front row and an elevated row behind with fold up theater seats.

Thanks for your interest! I've converted from a 2-channel (see pics of my 2-channel system at w ww.soundreproduction.com/page8/smattson.html) audiophile to a fanatic videophile!

Shane-M

Agent
Parker:

Great idea painting the screen housing black...I will certainly do that to prevent light reflection from the housing...thanks!

-Shane

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks