What's new

Finally some pics to share (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
If you use the www link on the top of the page it will take you to my sonosub & equipment pics. Sorry there not the best quality but they show up pretty good. The sono is a 220 liter tuned to around 18hz using a Dayton 15" DVC sub & PE 250watt plate amp. The mirrors speaker stands, entertainment center, Ah well just about everything thats wood in pictures I have built myself. I was trying to get a dark picture of the mirrors to show the back-light but it wont come out right.

Anyway I have said I would get some picks up for awhile so here they are hope you all enjoy, let me know what you think of it.

PS the other pics are my wife & I's other hobbies & if you look I built the tank stand also.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Ok I dont know what happened but the link quit working right & is showing my older pics & not my new ones. ERRRR damn computer. I'll have to get the wife to see what happened.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Ok the link sames to be working again I just hope it stayes that way. Something I didn't mention before the sub is wrapped in red oak veneer, wile the end caps are finished in white birch, & is stained in American cherry.
Allen Tell my wife that, Ive been trying to get her to let me put some bigger fish in there but she wont let me. But it is her hobby & after all I wouldn't wont her rewiring my stereo so I don't push it too much. She is into some pretty pricey fish though so I could understand not wonting a big hungry Oscar in there.

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,

The sub looks awesome! I had thought about wrapping a tube sub in veneer when I was working on mine, so of course when I saw that you were going to using veneer I was anxious to see how the process went.

Are there any "Lessons Learned" from wrapping the tube sub in veneer that I might be able to use when I make my next one?

Thanks.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Jeff, funny that you should ask. I did make one big mistake & tried using water based cement as by the veneer instructions, let me just warn you don't even think about using that stuff. It ruined a full 24" by 48" sheet of veneer & damaged part of my tube. But I got lucky & fixed the damage to the tube & got all the veneer on without a problem. I have had it done for around 2 months now & it is holding together very nice. I was kinda nervous that the veneer may lift from the tube but it hasn't showed a hint of it.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
You get a discount from Polk? Nice setup, but I bet it can get pretty darn loud in there. You are lucky to have such a wonderful wife that > 1. Will let you fill your living room with huge speakers and not the tiny little POS, that most wives will allow. and 2. Put your stuff on the web for you.

nice woodworking too!

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Okay Joe, the sonosub looks GREAT! And your other woodworking pieces look very nice also. And, besides being better looking than you, your wife has that rare quality of HT tolerance.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Very nice Joe, I love the finish of the sub!!! Btw, what the hell is that huge as speaker in the back? It looks like a MONSTER Polk center channel or something. That has got to be loud considering it's right about your head when sitting on the couch!

Edit: Wait a minute, is that two speakers just put together end to end?

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the comments guys I was starting to think you didn't like me:b

Juan, it's nice that she puts up with all the stuff now I just need to figure out how to get her to quit complaining when I do turn it up.
Hank, I would hope you'd think she looks better, that may worry me if not.
Dan, I was just upset the wife wouldn't let me hump the sub for the picture:D
Cam, it's two RT55's laying on there sides. It sucks having them so close but I don't have many options. But its not really that loud at all it just adds that extra little bit of surround.

I never finished the entertainment center in the pictures, I had planned to build doors for it but never did. But I plan on getting a big screen some time soon & building some cabinets to go with it so I'm not too worried about it anymore.
Thanks again for the nice comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks