What's new

Finally!!! Rockford Files - The Movies Collection; Coming November 3rd (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I cant debate Rockford and or why the studio used a recent picture of him for the box cover. In either case it will not detract me from buying the sets. I am huge Rockford Files fan and having the movies just add more to my collection.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I would have thought Universal were using the correct image of James Garner for this first volume of the 90's Rockford TV movies. In the 30 Years of The Rockford Files book the images of James Garner from these movies are the same or similar to the image of him on the front cover for The Rockford Files: Movie Collection - Volume One.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm hoping the discs in the set will be single-sided. They could fit two TV movies on one disc.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Originally Posted by jamoon2006

PS - I almost forgot...if you are going through Rockford withdrawal, check out your library for Stuart Kaminsky's two Rockford novels from the mid-90s. Highly recommended!
I have both of the Kaminsky books, "The Rockford Files: The Green Bottle" (1996) and "The Rockford Files: Devil on My Doorstep" (1998). They are out of print, but copies for sale can be found online. Kaminsky is an accomplished mystery writer and as you say the books are very good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_M._Kaminsky

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by WaveCrest

I'm hoping the discs in the set will be single-sided. They could fit two TV movies on one disc.
Won't happen for the simple fact that Universal will milk these movies for all they're worth.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Has anyone received their copy of The Rockford Files Movies Collection: Volume 1 in the post yet? Amazon.com haven't shipped my copy yet.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I had an email from Amazon.com earlier today to say it had been shipped. I'm guessing it will be the size of a standard DVD case (with the two discs inside). It wouldn't surprise me though, based on Mark's post further up this page, if Universal have created a cardboard outer case with two slipcases inside (one disc in each).

David Levine

Supporting Actor
You are correct. The image used is from the correct era for these movies. James Garner was 66 years old when the first movie in this set was made. To use a younger picture of him would be totally misleading.

That is by no means a current image of Mr. Garner.

Originally Posted by WaveCrest

I would have thought Universal were using the correct image of James Garner for this first volume of the 90's Rockford TV movies. In the 30 Years of The Rockford Files book the images of James Garner from these movies are the same or similar to the image of him on the front cover for The Rockford Files: Movie Collection - Volume One.

RickardL

Supporting Actor
Finally got around to watch these, I never saw them on TV before!
I had some problems at first with an older Rockford, no Rocky, newer theme music and a wrecked Pontiac Firebird in "I Still Love L.A."
but soon got over that. I also had some lip sync issues with the first episode but that could be my gear.
The second, "A Blessing in Disguise", feels more lika a traditional vintage Rockford episode, really good!

RickardL

Supporting Actor
I asked cannel.com about it yesterday, no news there it seems:

Hi Rickard,

Universal owns the rights to the show and movies. We have not been told of any release date for Vol. 2 at this time.

Thank you for your email.

Regards,

Joan
www.cannell.com

RickardL

Supporting Actor
And here is what Universal said:

Dear Rickard,

Thank you for contacting us.

No date has been announced for the DVD release of "The Rockford Files: Movie Collection, Vol. 2." A multitude of factors influence the timing and content of our DVD releases. Unfortunately, no further information is available at this time.

For a listing of upcoming releases, please check our website periodically at: nbcuniversalstore.com. You might also wish to subscribe to our online newsletter for product announcements at http://signup.universalstudios.com/form/39.

We appreciate your interest and hope that you will continue to enjoy Universal products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Edit: I used this contact form and got the answer within 24 hours.
http://www.universalstudios.com/contact_form.php?email_id=10

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Thanks for the link. It won't hurt to let Universal know that we want to see the rest of the Rockford movies, so I'm sending them an e-mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks