What's new

Finally! Let it Ride comes to DVD! (1 Viewer)

Seymour Uranowitz

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, just one more...
"Guess who?"
"A football salesman?"

That's it. I promise.
wink.gif

Seymour

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
quote: "Guess who?"
"A football salesman?"
[/quote]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, one of the funniest of the many lines in this wonderful movie. And, of course, as with many of these lines, the words without the pictures doesn't convey the entire experience.
Miss Tilly can sell me footballs anytime!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
This is my FAVORITE FILM of all time
sad I know
I was pissed i missed the Paramount poll to request this one to hopefully request it, but fortune smiled.
I used to work at a video store and had a customer that knew Joe Pytka the director, and apparently there was some editing and changes done, hope the story will be part of the DVD - isn't it odd to think that Pytka also made Space Jam...
"that dollar will pay four minute's tuition..."
"this is the FIFTY dollar window... the FIVE dollar window is *just* over there"
"I think theyre filming a commercial" (Pytka was a commercial director)
"I want the right to bet Lord Byron!"
"come have some nice beer"
"there are RULES to fortune cookies"
and my favorite not yet mentioned...
"They put little kids on the four horse - to have their pictures taken ... The Four Horse is a god-damn CLYDESDALE"

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
quote: sad I know[/quote]
Moe,
Wear it proudly! Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Of course, it helps if you are an "improver of the breed" to really appreciate the nuiances of Let It Ride.
Another reason I'm looking forward to the DVD is (I hope) an imprved soundtrack. When I first played my trusty old LD of this title in my (then) new home theater, the M&K speakers brought out some dialogue that previously went unnoticed to me. In the bar scenes, especially, there are lots of throwaway lines that come at you from assorted angles. Here's (hear's??) hoping the DVD shows these lines off properly.
My favorite scene: Trotter turns to the audience right after being propositioned by Jennifer "Red Dress" Tilly and, in an aside, asks the infamous,
"Am I having a good day or WHAT?!?!?"
------------------
RAF
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

mike caronia

Second Unit
"$500 on the packers just came out of my mouth"
"i've got great peripheral vision..."
great movie!!!!!!! i've been waiting for this one.
when will i be getting my grubby paws on it?
mike

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
mike said:
"Shoes, please."
"Hey, Trotter, you seem to be walking taller."

------------------
RAF
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I have never seen this movie yet, and I'm thinking about buying this now, with all the positve feedback.
Hope I like it :)
------------------

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think I got all of you beat, in a way.
Every one of you is saying how much you enjoyed this film on your laserdisc, or other home video experience.
But I thoroughly enjoyed this film in the theatre on opening day! :)
I was off work early and swung by the theatre across the freeway from the apartments I was living in at the time. I was single and had nothing to do, so I decided to catch a flick. My myself. Very unusual...I hate to do that!
Nothing good seemed to be playing there, but as it was a Friday they had one new title at this 4-screen theatre.
I read over the poster, said to myself "Richard Dreyfuss? Close Encounters, Jaws Richard Dreyfuss? How bad can this be?"
I laughed my ass off, and drooled all over the seat whenever Miss Tilley was onscreen.
I've seen it on cable a couple of times afterward, but never since. I'll be glad to own it on DVD...I saw the title pop up on Image Entertaiment last week while I was scanning for new announcements.
I'm there! I'll camp out for this title. :)
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks