What's new

Finally...AFI's 100 Years of Film Scores (1 Viewer)

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Not a bad list at all. In fact, I'm not a big list guy as they always put some annoying selections in that hurt the effort. But ... this really ain't bad.

A few quibbles ...

Sure, I would have flipped Vertigo with Psycho as I think the total score of Vertigo is more compelling ... but no one can argue about Psycho's importance to the movie going public.

However, by the same logic where is one of the Bond scores? Much like The Pink Panther, what is a Bond film without The James Bond Theme or one of John Barry's (pick 'em) scores? In fact, what is the 60's without Bond music? What was more impactful?

Scratching my head a bit about High Noon ... untold number of repeats of Do Not Foresake Me oh my darlin' do not make a magical score. I would have put in Pinocchio in its place.

I would have floated out On Golden Blonde (oops I meant Pond) and floated in North By Northwest.

Oh well, again to put things in perspective, not a bad list.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Supremely disappointed that Last of the Mohicans didn't even get nominated, IMHO one of my top 5 favorite film scores.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Not at all. Probably one of the most REPETITIVE scores that I've ever hear. Yes, it is a great theme, but do you have to keep reusing it at every possible moment?

Jason

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I'm glad to see Star Wars get recognized as #1, but LOTR should have made at least the top 5. Maybe even #2. I guess time will tell but those themes from LOTR are unforgettable and beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks