What's new

Finally a reason to envy Texas (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I'm a big fan of In-N-Out burgers. Whenever we have our LA meets groups of HTFers compare notes on the secret menu and make trips (pilgrimages?) to get double doubles with cheese. Mmmm. I always said that if I could open up one in Washington I would make a fortune. Unfortunately according to Delish they are heading East, not North as they are opening some restaurants in the Dallas area. You lucky bastards....

The Lone Star State is about to go Animal Style. In-N-Out Burger, the beloved West Coast chain famous for its secret menu of burger preparations, is set to open at least eight Texas branches, the Orange County Register reports. Until now the regional giant, which opened its first branch in 1948 in Baldwin Park, CA, has limited its locations to California, Utah, Arizona, and Nevada. And even that expansion has been slow — it took the company three years to open just eight restaurants in Utah. More: http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-reviews/in-n-out-goin-to-texas?gt1=47001

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The one I've seen being built is taking over from a Steak and Shake. S&S hasn't done particularly well around here. I don't know if they were just overly ambitious or what, but they've closed half the ones I know about. We also just got a Five Guys, which was pretty good but expensive. I just don't know if these fancy pants outsiders can do as well in Texas, where we know our hamburgers. :D Try Jakes or J.G.s and you'll see. I do resent the lie that there weren't already a million reasons to envy Texas. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks